"right well now you do. so if you don't mind," i start, getting on your tippy toes for a second. "get out of my way." you insist when brushing your shoulder against his. a frown begins to be placed on his lips when he stands there staring. because after your harsh words he had stood beside you.

"did someone piss in your cereal?" he taunts, leaving you annoyed when you ignore his voice. only to scoff and finally open your locker.

"i'm not in the mood, dolan." you state without glancing in his direction. instead you focus on the fact of getting the books you needed for class all while still thinking of today's cheer routine.

"alright well fuck." grayson gets out, when your eyes finally gaze upon his face it shows hidden emotions of disappointment. which does bug you but you don't question it until he says more. "nice hoodie by the way." he states before walking away, leaving you staring down at the sweatshirt that had his numbers imprinted on it. along with the big letters that spelled, dolan. which had caused you to scoff when he and his friends are long gone from your presence.

instead your best friend steps up to the plate when she's holding her books close to her chest with a smirk. "damn, i think your boyfriend is mad at you y/n." she teases leaving you unamused once you finally close your locker with a little too much speed as it slams shut.

"he's not my boyfriend." you tell quite convincingly as she surrenders her hands up with a shake of her head. "i don't know how many times i tell you that a day." you add on letting a sigh escape from your voice as she walks besides you.

"right, i forgot. you don't like grayson. you think he's an ass." she announces letting you cross my arms as you shrug your shoulders from her words.

"exactly that."

"yeah because you just fuck him all the time for the hell of it." she then states, a little too loudly which causes you to widen your eyes once you shake your head furiously.

"will you shut up? do you have to be so loud about it." you say when looking around to see if any other person could have heard that.

"oh c'mon, like no one in this school doesn't know already. or even fucking realizes it." y/f/n rolls her eyes which causes you to only cross your arms when standing outside the room of your first period. "even if you want to lie and say you don't like him. but by all means, keep pretending you hate each other."

"y/f/n everyone knows that grayson is a dick too." i confirm when sighing deeply. "it's not too hard to pretend about that."

_

you weren't paying attention one bit to what the class held or what the teacher spoke about for the past forty five minutes. instead your mind was somewhere else in a daze when finally the bell rang but you were still out of it. "earth to y/n." your best friend says louder as her hand in front of your face had waved. which caused you jump back into reality as she smiles at your zoning out.

"what you thinking about?" she questions when you begin to pack up the things still on the desk as you groan.

"the cheer routine for halftime." you stated honestly, you had no time for jokes when worry had possessed your mind. so as you stood up and placed your bag back to hanging from your shoulders, your best friend shook her head.

"y/n, how many times do i have to say that i know you're going to do great." she tells me when we both walk out the classroom and into the already busy hallways.

"i don't know, i just need to relax or something." you bring up when wanting to go back to your locker since it was already fifth period. you didn't like to carry around your books all day and so as the both of you walked in some silence your phone then buzzed in your pocket. which caused your hands to reach into your hoodie and stop in your tracks when reading over the text message.