One Crazy Night - Part 2

Although I'm having a good time at the benefit, the need to talk to—and touch—Nick is driving me crazy. We had to leave in such a hurry to get here on time, we haven't had a chance to be alone. I had a lot of time to think today while I was waiting for him. The distance and time apart is becoming unbearable.

I want to be with him all the time, not one night every two to three weeks. His job is so demanding, and I've made it clear that I refuse to give up my career...for anyone. I wish there was some way we could meet in the middle, but I just don't see how. Every time he leaves me, he takes more and more of my heart with him. Eventually, I won't have anything left to give.

The band starts playing, and I decide to put those thoughts out of my mind and enjoy the evening. I'm at a fancy reception with famous people and movie stars and, more importantly, the man I love. Nick and I will get a chance to talk later.

Thinking about "later", I get flushed knowing what I've been fantasizing about doing to Nick for the last two weeks. I'm on my third glass of wine—one more than my usual—and decide to give him a little preview.

He's talking to a movie producer across the table from us when I place my hand on his thigh. I can feel him tense—almost imperceptibly—for a just a moment before relaxing, leaning back in his chair.

He continues the conversation—I wasn't listening to what it was about—while my hand travels further and further up. I'm moving painstakingly slow, but I want him to want it. As I reach the junction between his leg and hip, I notice that his breathing has increased. If a person didn't know him as well as I did, they would never notice. He really is a great actor.

His conversation ends when the producer's wife begs for a dance, and Nick turns to face me, smirking. "What are doing?"

"Oh, nothing," I say with faux innocence while inching my way towards his package. I find his dick within the fabric of his pants and start applying pressure. From the tabletop up, it must seem as if Nick and I speaking telepathically, because we don't lose eye contact as I move my hand up and down his groin. It's dark in this ballroom and very loud with the band playing, so no one should be able to see the subtle movement of my arm or hear Nick's quiet moans. I can feel that he is getting hard and wrap my fingers around his shaft to the best of my ability through his clothes. Nick gives me the slightest of smiles. I can't tell if he's enjoying this or is extremely uncomfortable, but either way, I keep going, beginning to increase my pace. I make him rock hard when he suddenly grabs my hand to stop me. "Nick, wha—"

He interrupts me. "It's been two weeks since I've had sex. If you keep going, I'm going to have a wet spot on my pants the rest of the night."

I can't help but laugh. "Okay, but do you want to go? Back to the hotel?"

As glamorous as this event has been, there is only one place I truly want to be: surrounded by Nick...naked. But Nick shakes his head. "We can't go yet. I told Tom I would stay at least until eleven." He's referring to his PR liaison.

He realizes that he is still holding my hand at his crotch and almost jumps out of his seat. "Damn, you have got me flustered. We need to get out of these seats."

He takes a moment to readjust himself under the table and then stands up and leads me toward the dance floor. The band just started playing a ballad, and Nick twirls me around once before placing both hands on the small of my back and pulling me to him. I would never say that Nick and I are the best dancers, but we like to have fun.

Nick looks down at me, and I realize we're not going to be goofy this time. He looks very serious, and almost distressed. He takes a deep breath and whispers in my ear, "Listen, I can tell something is wrong. I know you were trying to distract me--or maybe yourself--at the table, but before that, you've been out of it all night. What's going on? I told you I was sorry about being late today, and I meant it. Please just tell me." He's pleading.

I listen and wait for him to finish talking. I didn't want to have this conversation here, but he's not going to let it go. "Okay, Nick, I think we need to have a serious talk about our relationship." I take a deep breath, gathering strength. "Truthfully, you being gone all the time is killing me. Lately, there have been times that the separation feels like too much. I thought that the longer we were together, it would get easier, but it's not. It's actually getting harder. Because the more I learn about you, the more I know you...the more I love you. I need to be with the person I love."

He nods solemnly and looks down at our feet. "Okay. So what do you want then? Are you breaking up with me?" His voice is shaking.

"God, no. Well, I guess I don't know. Nick, look at me...please?" He lifts his head slowly, and I can see that his eyes are full of tears and his bottom lip is shaking. He's looking around the room swiftly, either because he doesn't want anyone to see him like this, or because he can't look at me. My heart is breaking.

I can feel my tears rising in my own eyes and can't speak. Instead, I pull Nick closer and rest my head against his chest. We stay like that for a few seconds before Nick speaks again. I still don't trust myself to look at him, so I just listen to his words over the music while we continue to sway.

"I love you more than I could have ever imagined. I miss you too, so much. I know I act like it's easier for me, but that's only because I was afraid of this happening. I knew one of these days you would wise up and figure out that you were too good for me. You do deserve someone who you can be with...all the time." His voice cracks at the last word. My head rises while he takes a deep breath, obviously having more to say. "Although it would kill me, I would understand if you wanted to end it. More than anything else, I want...I need you to be happy."

My chest feels warm, and then spreads to my entire body. Who am I kidding? I can't break up with Nick, but I also can't keep living this way, like half of myself is always gone. "Oh Nick, what are we going to do?"

"If I'm being honest, I had already been thinking about this. I didn't want to bring it up, because I'm going to have ask something of you. Something kind of big." He's biting his lower lip. He's nervous.

"Oh come on, Nick. Just tell me."

"I want you to move to LA."

"What? Nick I told you I wouldn't quit working. I love my career. And besides, you're hardly ever there either." It's starting to feel hopeless.

"I'm sure you'd be able to find a job there. They have everything there. I also told my management that I want to work in LA more--at least three-quarters of the year. They weren't happy, that really limits my job options. But...but...you could live with me. We could live together."

Each sentence was more shocking than the one before it. My smile is a mile wide. This could work. This could actually work. We could actually work. I pull Nick into a hug just as the song is ending. "Nick, I love you so much." That's his answer, and he knows it.

He hugs me back before we retreat back to our table. "I'm going to get some drinks. We need to celebrate." He whispers and winks at me.

I nod. "Sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm going to hit the restroom." We walk off in opposite directions.

I reach the restroom at the end of a long hallway, quickly relieve myself and head back out to Nick. To my soon-to-be live-in boyfriend. Even the idea of it makes the butterflies in my stomach go haywire.

As soon as I step into the hallway, though, Nick is there. He grabs my hand and leads me further down the hall, away from the party. The wine is hitting me, and my head is spinning with excitement.

The hallway turns to the right and leads to some sort of utility closet. Before we reach the closet, Nick spins me around and pins me against the wall. He looks down at me and smiles his half-smile that makes my knees weak. "I said we were going to celebrate."

To be continued....

I'm sorry this update is more fluff than smut! If that's not your thing, don't worry, Nick is getting back to business very soon! I do my best to update every 2-3 days, but sometimes life does happen.