d i s c l a i m e r

hey yall! i'm going to begin posting shortly, but this has been on my mind a bit lately

hey yall! i'm going to begin posting shortly, but this has been on my mind a bit lately. so before i post anything, i'd like to make a quick disclaimer about this story.

boo's character is black. i'm a white woman but i choose to write with diverse characters because representation matters and frankly, wattpad is severely lacking in representation. that's not to say that any race is better or worse than another, because that is not true. i don't want to get into any kind of arguments in the comments about this decision because i wont tolerate any kind of racial insensitivity.

that being said, i'm also NOT trying to speak for black people. boo's struggles are her own. she is a fictional character but many of the prejudices she experiences are real and happening right now. many of the things she feels or thinks are based on testimonies that i've heard from my own friends of color, but i am in no way trying to put words in anyone's mouth or speak for anyone.

i'd also like to point out i won't be using racial slurs as part of anyone's dialogue. they're still used, i get that, but i don't feel comfortable writing them and frankly, they're unnecessary.

i will never be able to fully understand what it's like to be racially prejudiced against. i'm merely doing my best to portray an accurate statement of what someone who is black may experience growing up in a town like boo's. her race is not the main point of the story, but it is something that will be touched upon because it's a part of who she is.

okay, i hope this clears the air and makes sense to y'all. you can choose to skip this part but i felt it was justified and something that should be said. at the end of the day, i'm just a girl trying to write fanfic about her favorite singer, but at the same time i like my works to have a realistic edge to them. and unfortunately, racism is realistic.

now then, on to the story :)