The Pen of an Author

Elizabeth and her newfound friend Nathaniel traveled through time and landed on the steps of the Willow Crest Children's Hospital.

"Where are we?"  Nathaniel said standing up and looked at the row of cars in the parking lot in awe.

"We're at the Children's Hospital where my grandma and grandpa worked," Elizabeth said. "I don't know what time we're in, but maybe my dad will be here."

"Your dad? Time? Where are we?"

"I know it's weird but we've just traveled through time.  My dad is an author so I need to find him and get a pen from him."  Elizabeth explained.  "Now that I'm thinking of it, we didn't really need to travel through time for this.  I could have just gone home and grabbed a pen from my Dad's office.  Oh well, too late now, let's head inside and see what we can find."

Elizabeth and Nathaniel walked up the stairs when the sound of an explosion sounded.  Elizabeth and Nathaniel were so scared and startled by the sound that Elizabeth held onto Nathaniel and Nathaniel drew his sword.

"What was that?"  Elizabeth said still hanging onto Nathaniel.  "It sounded like a bomb."

"I don't know.  Stay close."  Nathaniel said as they walked inside the hospital.  Inside, nurses and doctors were running throughout the hospital checking on the sick children, seeing if everyone was alright and seeing what actually happened.

"What's going on?  It sounded like a bomb went off."  One of the Nurses said to a Doctor.

"It seems like a bomb went off in the women's bathroom.  The fire department and police on their way here.  It seems like everything is fine now, but just to be safe.  We better lock down the hospital.  No one goes in or out until the authorities show up."  The doctor said and walked into one of the rooms.

As Elizabeth and Nathaniel walked further into the hospital they passed the women's bathroom.  The door was missing, but also everything else in the bathroom was.  The stalls and the floor were mostly gone, so if you took a wrong step you would fall into the basement below.

"This must be what the doctors and nurses were freaking out about,"  Elizabeth said and peaked in.  Just then they heard a pair of stiletto heels coming toward them.  They turned around a saw a tall, skinny woman with long blonde hair and bright green eyes.  She wore a pair of skinny jeans and a royal blue blouse.  Elizabeth looked at the women closely and she looked very familiar.

"I demand to see nurse Charlotte Gordon right now!!"  The women yelled at one of the doctors.

"Grandma?"  Elizabeth said to herself.

"That's your grandmother?"  Nathaniel said.

"Well, a younger version,"  Elizabeth said and walked over to the women.

"Ma'am, Nurse Charlotte is in the emergency room with a woman who has just given birth.  She'll be out in a few minutes."  The doctor said.

"I can't wait, I'll go there myself."  The women said and quickly walked to the emergency room and Elizabeth and Nathaniel followed closely behind her.

"I thought we needed to get a pen from your dad?"  Nathaniel said.  "Why are we following your grandma?"

"Nurse Charlotte is my other grandma.  My dad's mom.  So if we find her, we may be able to find my dad."  Elizabeth said.

Elizabeth and Nathaniel continued to follow the women down the hall until they reached the emergency room.  She burst open the doors and found Goldilocks, Jack, and Hero sitting down on a hospital bed while Charlotte was getting towels out of a cabinet.  As the door was about to close Elizabeth and Nathaniel held it open a little bit so they could see and hear the conversation.