The Branch From the Oldest Tree

Elizabeth flew out of the portal and landed in the middle of a forest.  She stood up and brushed herself off.  She stood right outside of a cave, she didn't know what type of horrifying creatures could be living there so she passed it, and kept on walking.  She soon came across a weird tree that had a curved trunk and curved branches.

"Maybe this tree will work?"  Elizabeth said.  Her phone soon rang, it was her ex husband Ben.  She sighed and sat against the tree and answered the call.

"Elizabeth, where are you?"  Ben asked.

"I'm with my Dad."

"Did you take Charlie?"

"Of course I did."

"Elizabeth why didn't you tell me?!"  Ben yelled.

"Ben you moved out, I have custody over Charlie.  I can do whatever I want.  I don't have to tell you everything, you have no control over me!"  Elizabeth yelled back.

"Elizabeth, I had to call the police."

"Ben why did you do that?"

"I went to surprise Charlie at school, and they said that she wasn't there. I went to your house, you weren't there. I called you, I've texted you. It's been days! Why haven't you answered?"

"I've been busy. I'm sorry I haven't."

"Elizabeth, this is it. I want custody of Charlie. I don't believe your a fit mother. You can't take Charlie out of school for days without an excuse, you don't bother to tell me when you want to take her away, and lastly you don't have a job." Ben said. "You haven't had a job since our divorce."

"Ben please...Charlie is all I have." Elizabeth said wiping away her tears.

"Once you get your life together, you'll be able to see her. Bring her home now Elizabeth." Ben said and hung up the phone. Elizabeth sat against the tree and just cried. Charlie was all she had, and was the only good thing to come out of her relationship with Ben. She sometimes even wishes that she hadn't even met Ben. Every since they met he was always so controlling over her.

Elizabeth's Flashback

It was the middle of her senior year of High School and Elizabeth was walking out of her high school to go home.

"Hey you!" Someone yelled from behind her. Elizabeth stopped in her tracks and turned around. The person who yelled at her came running down the hall and stopped in front of her. He was very attractive and had brown messy hair, and olive skin.

"Can I help you?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yes, are you Elizabeth Bailey?"

"Yes, and you are?"

"I'm Ben Black. I'm captain of the wrestling team." He said. "I was wondering if you could help me."

"Oh yes I saw your wrestling match the other day with my friends. What do you need?"

"I need help with my homework. I'm not that good at math, I was wondering if maybe we could get together sometime and you could help me?" Ben asked.

"Of course, you can come over to my house now and we can get started." Elizabeth said.

"Thanks a lot. Your a life saver."

Ben and Elizabeth walked outside to Elizabeth's car. In the passenger seat was Matthew on his phone, and Carrie was in the back seat reading her fathers newest book. Ben opened the passenger door, and Elizabeth sat in the drivers seat.