Training Needed

Matthew took the book downstairs to the table.  Charlie took it from Matthew and it instantly started to glow.

"Charlie, honey.  I want you to stay here."  Elizabeth said.

"What!? No mom."  Charlie said.

"Charlie your mother's right.  This is going to get dangerous and I really think you should stay here."  Conner said.

"I'll stay here with her."  Bree said.

"No I'll call my e...her father and he'll come pick her up."  Elizabeth said.

"No I insist.  This war stuff isn't for me anymore.  I'll leave it to the professionals."  Bree said and smiled at Conner.

Conner smiled at Bree.  "We'll be back soon.  You going to be ok?"

"Don't worry I can take care of myself."  Bree said.

"I believe that."  Conner said and kissed her.  "Let's go."

"Goodbye Charlie."  Elizabeth said and hugged her only daughter tightly.  "We'll be back soon."

"I'll be fine."  Charlie said.  "Go live my dream."

Elizabeth smiled and they all jumped into the book.  They all landed in a field filled with dead grass and flowers and in front of them was Snow Whites castle.

"Whoa, where are we?"  Matthew asked.

"Looks like the Northern Kingdom."  Froggy said.

"Ugh, it looks terrible."  Red said.  "How do we know if they're here?"

"Look over there."  Conner said and pointed to a small wooden door covered with vines.  "That may be where they're keeping them...our future selves."

The group quietly ran over to the door, and Alex used her magic to make the vines disappear.  They slowly opened the door and they gasped when they saw the dungeon.  They saw all the royals and their future selves.  They walked down the hall and they all gasped when they saw younger versions of Goldilocks, Jack Red, Froggy, and Alex and Conner.

"No way."   Older Jack said.  The group looked to their right and saw them.

"How is this possible?"  Older Goldilocks said.  "Is this some sort of spell?"

"You could say that."  Alex said.  "What's happened here? We're here to save you."

"Oh thank God!  Open this cell first."  Older Red said.

"Wow, I age well." Younger Red said and smiled.  "What's our secret?"

"Magic, and a lot of moisturizer."  Older Red said.  "Whoa, what's happening to you?"

Younger Red started to disappear into smoke.  The same thing happened to Goldilocks, Froggy and Jack.

"What's going on?"  Older Goldilocks asked.

"They must be heading back to their own time."  Older Froggy said.

"Yes.  That must be it.  Two versions of your self can't be in the same time, so when you come face to face with your future or past self you return to your own time."  Alex said.  The younger versions of Red, Froggy, Goldilocks and Jack soon were completely dissolved and sent back to their own time.

"Ok, all we need is you.  What's going on and wheres our father?"  Carrie asked holding onto the cell bars.

"Who are you?"  Red asked.

"We're Conner Baileys kids.  I'm Carrie, this is my sister Elizabeth and this is my brother Matthew.  Now answer our questions." 

"The Evil Queens children have taken over." Goldilocks said. "They have your father upstairs with your aunt."