CHAPTER 1

EXILED FROM HOME

It was a festive day for the Guiren household for it was LULI MEI's twelfth birthday and the saddest because he will be exiled.

Li Me, as his parents and siblings cheerfully called him was bewildered by what was happening, yet he continued to enjoy his special day.

After all the eating, talking and merrymaking, Li Me was immediately brought to his room and changed his clothing and a very long thick black veil was put into his head along with long hand gloves.

He was so confused with what's happening, he protested and asked for the presence of his father Guiren Changze Shen and mother Zhi Ruo.

"Father, what is this all about? Where would they take me? What is the reason behind all this?"

The overwhelmed parents requested the presence of their four daughters namely: Ru Shi, Yu Yan, Yin Yue, and Xia Chen. The whole family started to look at each other for someone to start talking first.

Eventually, with a heavy heart Ru Shi the eldest told Li Me, that he was to be moved away from Guiren household for his own safety to a palace where he will be staying for quite some time, in the deepest part of the mysterious forest, in which the family owned.

"Why?" Li Me asked. "I will not accept this sudden decision." Everyone in the family was so silent that they only heard the sound of the insect buzzing around and no one wants to talk about the secrets they keep for so many years.

"Li Me" Yin Yue said, "It's for your own safety and protection and it's better you do not know the reason. You're not allowed to see nor touch anyone with your bare hands. You must obey the order of our parents."

The Guiren family holds a secret that only the members of the family know except for LULI MEI.

Li Me protested and about to throw tantrums saying, "I have already accepted the fact that my name is female and now you all want me to vanished into that forest alone?"He murmured.

"This is so unfair and you don't even tell me the reason. Why would I wear this kind of clothing?" He looked around at each of his family members.

"Yes? Any answers from any of you? huh!" Li Me was crying his heart out, sobbing.

"Stop this at once!" a thundering voice echoed inside the room. It was Changze Shen.

Li Me was frightened and scared at the same time for it was the first time that his father had raised his voice at him. He was about to cry again but Zhi Ruo went to his rescue and said,

"Now...Now...Now.... Li Me, Please follow the orders as we asked you, for this will be for your own good."

Zhi Ruo further said, "You will be accompanied by Hui Yan who will help you and there will be four guards to protect you. Hui Yan knows what to do when she is around you because we instructed her. The guards were also instructed, particularly their leader Wang Shen."