{8}

edited

"sure," eddie bit his lip, releasing it slowly when he spoke again. "how many people are going?" he asked, tilting his head.

"a lot. it's gonna be awesome!" richie replied, grinning from ear to ear. "oh, babes, eds, do you wanna come over before we go to the party?"

eddie hesitated, thinking about his mom, "sure, I guess" he replied. stress flowed through him like ocean waves, he hoped his mother wouldn't yell at him. then again, his mom did sleep a lot more these days. and focused less on eddie.

richie parked in his front yard, a look of relief spread through his face. his dad's car wasn't there. correction, father, he wasn't richie's dad and would never be.

why was richie so relieved? well his father abused him, his mother, and his little sister. richie was usually the one to stand up for his weak, skinny mother.

richie's mom was really a sweet girl. sure, she didn't pay attention to richie a lot, but that was because she had problem with richie's father. she was trying to get a restraining order, not let him see the kids, and a lot more. but she was an acholoic which made the whole situation a lot harder.

anyway, richie got out of his car, slamming the door. he got to eddie's side and let him out, eddie's painted nails caught his attention.

"woah, eddie, your nails are so cool!" richie exclaimed, his smile wider then eddie's mom, well, atleast that's how richie would put it.

eddie's cheeks turned a deep pink, he muttered a, "t-thanks.." and turned away.

richie grabbed his hand and lead him to his front door. he took out the key from under a flower pot, sliding it into the keyhole like a knife into butter. the door opened and richie led eddie to his room.

richie opened the door, let eddie in, and closed it. he hopped on his bed, looking at eddie.

"so... what do you wanna do, babes?" richie said, slumping his shoulders.

"truth or dare? also don't call me that." eddie said, glaring at him.

"eds, are we fucking 1st graders?" richie said, blinking his eyes a few times, biting back a smirk.

"well, your grades maybe..." he trailed off.

"wow, eds, that was good, like your mom when she's in the mood." richie smirked, "and ok, fine, we can play truth or dare."

"yay! also, chee, that's fucking disgusting," eddie scoffed, pouting.

"oh my god, eds, are you gonna call me chee again? it's been awhile since that nickname, i think like, fuck, 1st grade?" richie said, a smile spreading across his face.

"yeah, it has been awhile now that you mention it, chee." eddie smiled back, richie blushed a bit, but eddie didn't see that.

"ok, eds, truth or dare?" richie said, biting his lip, his cheeks super pink.

"uh, since i always go with truth, ill say dare this time," eddie said, a bit of question still running through his voice.

"ok, eds, i dare you to kiss me." richie said, his whole face red by this point.

eddie's eyes widened in shock.

did he hear that correctly?