19. Game bloody on

Maze had taken her car over to Trixies school and was leaning against it when the girl walked out through the front door. As soon as the girl noticed her former friend she stopped dead in her tracks. Trixie had promised Lucifer to hear Maze out though and she wanted to honor her promises. With a sever determination in stead of cheer she walked up to Maze. "Hi."

"Hi," Maze answered just as clipped. "I... Well you know that I'm not good with these human feelings, but I'm sorry I hurt you."

Trixie thought Maze looked relieved to get it off her chest, but it was never easy to read Maze.

"Good," Trixie said in an unusual harsh tone. "Good that you understood how hurt I got," she explained.

Maze rolled her eyes and made a face, but then it was as if she realized who she was talking to. "You are the first friend I made on earth and you have taught me a lot about being human." This was something she would deny saying if it would come to anyone else's attention. "I was hurt and that was not your fault. I shouldn't let it out on you."

Trixie was surprised by the honesty from that particular friend. "No, you shouldn't," she said. "Next time, you come to me and I'll help you."

Maze looked surprised up at the little girl and then smiled relieved. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," she answered ceremoniously and then assaulted Maze with a hug. To Trixie's great surprise Maze hugged her back. Perhaps her mother had been honest when saying that Maze had hugged her but it would be pointless to ask; Maze would deny it. "Okay, what's next?"

Maze smiled; she actually smiled even if it was just a moment before she looked around to make sure nobody saw her. "How about some cake?"

After a phonecall from Trixie, telling her mother that Maze would take her home, Chloe could lean back in Lucifer's convertible. They were heading up the hills to one of Lucifer's villas there.

It had been a few hectic days at work and Chloe felt almost jittery at the opportunity to be alone with him again. Content she sighed.

Lucifer turned towards her with a hesitant look on his face.

"What is it," she wondered.

"Well... are you sure you really want this?" His eyes flickered to the road and then back to her again. "I'm starting to questioning your sanity; yours or mine."

"How romantic of you," she muttered, while having lost that joyous feeling.

He chortled. "I just mean; you know that I'm the Devil and you still-"

"I don't see you like that," she cut him off. "I know who you are Lucifer, but you are so much more and that's what matters to me. You have never been mean or evil during the time I have known you, instead you are protective and have a strong sense of punishing anyone who has done wrong and deserves to suffer."

He looked doubtful at her, hearing but not really believing what she had to say. "It's just amazing that you see such a different me than my family does."

"When was the last time you met your family," she asked, partly doubious and partly curious.

"Well, apart from my mother," he looked at her to make sure she got that Charlotte really had been occupied by his real mother; the Godess of Creation. "It has mostly been a few of my siblings." He rolled up by his house and stopped the car. "You do remember me telling you about my brothers, right?"

"Yes, when your brother died you said that you had many." They got out of the car.

"That is correct, unfortunately not everyone of them are as pleasant as me." He smiled as she placed a hand in the extended crook of his arm and they walked into the house. She chuckled and shook her head, the one thing he was guilty of was vain glory, she thought.