That sad smile

SEUNGKWAN'S POV

I was walking to the dorm in a daze. Nothing was processing right into my brain until a deep breath escaped from my lungs. It was a breath that I am seemingly holding this whole time. It was a breat that calmed me down from my adrenaline, a breath that releases all the tension in my body that even my knees gave in. It was the breath that cleared my mind and made me remember everything that has happened.

"Hyung!! have you been waiting for long?" I ask Woozi as I arrived at the meeting place.

"no, not really" Woozi said smiling however there is just something wrong in his smile.

"so hyung what will you show me?" I asked him. With that, Woozi smirked and grabbed his phone. He dialed someone.

"Hey! want to prank Seongcheol? yes, go here, the school yard" Woozi said to someone in the phone that turned out to be Hoshi as minutes later, he arrived.

"you know Hoshi that Seongcheol rarely panics right?" Woozi started.

"well, yeah! don't tell me I get to see him panic?" Hoshi smirked probably imagining the fun he would get from this.

"yes, I know just exactly the thing that can make him a mess. So.... what I want you to do is follow my instructions very well" Woozi said.

"you know that I am very cooperative when it comes to things like this right?" Hoshi replied.

"So first run to him desperately, tell him that Jeonghan is crying and is looking for him" Woozi said.

"ooohhhh that makes sense, only Jeonghan could really make him lose his calm" Hoshi said. With that statement, I checked out Woozi's facial expression.Woozi smiled, that smile that is so sad in my eyes.

"But hyung don't you think that it will be a bad joke?" Hoshi asked quite doubting the result of this prank.

"why? I said Jeonghan is crying, not that he was hurt right?" Woozi said wittily.

Hoshi laughed at that and said, "well, you got a point there"

"and to make everything more fun, I ask Seungkwan to do the same but he has to go first. So you have to wait for Seungkwan before you approach Seongcheol. With that, he'll be put into a situation where he have to choose between you two then surely he'll panic" Said Woozi smiling wickedly at his plan.

After hearing that, I am getting that what will happen might be more than just a prank. However, I still can't quite catch what Woozi is thinking.

"So Hoshi.... first, go to that tree. hide there, and wait for Seongcheol. I am sure any minute now he'll pass by there. signal me if you see him okay? while I will give Seungkwan my instructions" Woozi instructed Hoshi to which the other obeyed.

"so... here's the plan Seungkwan, you'll go run to Seongcheol desperately and ask him to help me" Woozi started as he diverted his attention from the leaving Hoshi to Seungkwan.

"through this, you'll know what I mean with everything I said to you earlier" Woozi said to which I responded by a nod even though I am quite unsure of all this thing and this weird feelings I am getting from this.

"remember this Seungkwan, I will not go with you unless you are with Seongcheol" Woozi said seriously to which confused the hell out of me.

What does he mean by that?

Just when I was about to ask him, Woozi recieved the signal from Hoshi so Woozi suddenly looked more serious than ever as he looked at me straight in the eyes.

"I know that you are a better actor than Hoshi is but to make the gap of neediness between you two... I need to do this, sorry Seungkwan" Woozi said as he immediately grab something from his pocket to which turn out to be a cutter. He used that to cut his wrist. At the sight of that, I froze for a moment, not able to absorb properly what is happening in front of me. Memories flooded inside of my head but then I have to straighten my thoughts and do something for my friend.

I slapped myself out of that stunned situation and was about to run to where Woozi was but then he smile sadly and shook his head, telling me not to come. I remembered the line he said, which is "unless you are with Seongcheol" and that stopped me from coming to him and immediately run to where Seongcheol is, begging, convincing him to consider Woozi but to no avail he left me.

I came running back to where Woozi is, ready to do anything and force him to come with him. However, before I can even go back to the place where I left him, he was already walking to me, with that same sad smile still on his face.

At the sight of that, I just can't help my tears from falling down as I hugged him.

"hyung... sorry for opening this issue to you and thank you for sharing this pain with me" I said to him.

"stop crying will you?" Woozi said as he laughed lightly.

"you've done great Seungkwan. I am sorry for putting you in this traumatic situation" Woozi said as he continuously pats my back.

"no hyung you don't have to be sorry" I replied.

"well then why don't we start walking and get me treated already? even though it is not a large vessel, I am still bleeding here" Woozi said jokingly but it made me came back to my panic mode.

Everything that happened dawned back to me. All the emotions came back to me all at once. I suddenly felt that sharp stinging pain in my chest and I am back to that choking sensation I felt before. it was hard to breathe and I can't seem to control my tears. This incident, it was all too familiar to me. And so, memories that are forced to be forgotten are now and yet again resurfacing.