Chapter 21

When Frank woke up I was wet from the snow and shaking from the cold. My teeth chattered and from the camera on my phone I could see my lips were turning blue. He was a little groggy at first before finally sitting up when he saw me. He erupted the blue flame and held my hand. Warmth washed over me and I immediately felt better.

"Wh-where's my mama?" Frank whimpered.

"Frankie, we need to go," I said. "We have to get to the people that can help us."

Frank sniffled and shook his head.

"Frankie, would I ever put you in danger?" I asked and he shook his head. "Then you just have to trust me, okay?"

"You're sure of this?" Frank asked.

"Absolutely positive," I stated.

Frank nodded and stood up.

"Wait, I hurt my ankle," I said.

Frank pressed the blue flame to my ankle before holding my hand with it again. He helped me up and we walked through the woods. Frank was trying to conserve energy so he wasn't using his powers other than to keep me warm.

"H-how do you know they're gonna help?" Frank asked, his voice wavering.

"I've talked with them, I just know that they are," I said. "It's gonna be okay, Baby."

"I want my mama," Frank mumbled.

"We're gonna find her," I said. "They can help us find her."

"You don't even know who they are," he said. "Oh god, what's happened? You have to go back to your family."

"I want to run away with you," I said. "I want to help you."

"Y-you can't do that," Frank cried. "You can't, it'll ruin your life."

Frank's hand began to grow cold as he got sadder and sadder and although my hand was cold, the flames kept the rest of my body warm.

"Frankie, come on, you have to cheer up," I said. "You're gonna use up too much energy if you don't."

Frank sniffled and looked over at me, his eyes glowing again.

"I love you," I said.

"I-I love you, too," he whispered.

I smiled and gave him a kiss, feeling him warm up a bit.

"And listen, we're gonna go and get some help and find your mom and then we're gonna learn how to control your powers," I said.

Frank nodded, squeezing my hand tighter.

"I love you," I said. "Nothing is going to change that."

Frank sniffled, wiping his eyes.

"Okay now listen, we're gonna go and get a plane to England and then you can fly us out to the island or something," I said. "I don't think you could make the flight across the Atlantic."

"I-I have one of my mom's credit cards, we can use that," he said.

"The only problem is passports," I said.

"What are we gonna do?" He asked.

"We'll get passports, rushed passports can take a couple days," I said.

"You're not eighteen," Frank said.

"I'll get a fake ID and shit like that so that way I can get one," I said.

Frank's lip was quivering but I could tell he was trying his hardest not to cry.

"Let's go and just get a motel and we'll just get some rest, okay?" I asked and he nodded.