Chapter 4

"Have you settled on your guest list yet?" Margaret asks Jackie who is sitting at her desk.

"Yes, I have," Jackie replies with a smile. Hoping that one of her honored guests would be in town for what is considered one of the biggest nights in Le Martinique. The King and Queen's birthday parties are considered the social events of the year next to the Independence Day ball. Celebrities local and from all over the world will be at this party as well as the who's who of Le Martinique.

Jackie's guest list is those who will be her honored guests. These select people will get to sit at the table with the birthday girl herself and her family. As the rest of the guests will have to pay $50 a ticket the proceeds will go to the Queen's favorite charity the Children's Hospital of Le Martinique. Now Jackie hopes that Jack will be attending her birthday party since this will be the first time she'll see him in person since the groundbreaking ceremony a couple of weeks ago.

Since that day the handsome man from America has invaded her dreams and fantasies. Some of those dreams were innocent and some X-rated. She's attracted to John and there's something about him that has her like a moth to a flame.

"I'm assuming Mr. Kennedy will be one of the new faces at the table," Margaret says with a knowing smile.

"Yes I've invited him and if he is coming then yes he'll be at our table."

Margaret does an evil laugh.

"What is that supposed to mean," Jackie asks looking up from her computer.

"Oh nothing, nothing at all," Margaret replies looking out of the window.

Jackie shakes her head and continues her work.

"I have so much to do over the next two weeks," Jackie says with a frustrated sigh.

"What's wrong and your birthday is not for another three weeks?" Margaret asks looking up from her phone.

"I have to get fitted for my birthday gown for the party, get ready for the state dinner with the President of Germany. Then I will be in the US to meet with President Obama to discuss trade between our countries and I will not be back until the day of my birthday. So when I come back I'll be trying to help finalize everything. Plus I have four engagements within the next two weeks; two meetings, and have to find a gown to wear for the new portrait that will be released for my birthday, as well as for the party!"

"Wow you're going to be busy; I hope none of your meetings or engagements will be on the same day," Margaret says turning from the window.

"No they are not thankfully, but I just know they will be very long."

"Well do you have an idea what gown you're going to wear for your birthday party?" Margaret asks sitting down in front of Jackie.

"I just know I want to wear a blue gown; something that will also show some cleavage. For heaven's sake, I would like to show that I do have a figure and breasts. They may not be huge, but I do have them."

Margaret looks at her best friend and is shocked. "Jacqueline Bouvier!"

"What? I'm just getting tired of having to cover up so much! My dresses can't come past my knees; I can't show too much skin. Oh God help us all if I show just a little cleavage! Also, my dresses can't fit me too well," Jackie says rolling her eyes, "Like I'll tempt those old harpies' husbands."

"Please Jackie, you've been dealing with criticisms since you were sixteen. Why all of a sudden a change?" Margaret asks with a knowing smile.

"Because as much as I enjoy being Queen, I feel like I've missed out on so much. I'm not trying to be half-naked, but I don't want to look so dowdy. I'm twenty-two years old about to be twenty-three," she replies taking a drag of her cigarette.

"I'm dressing older than I should. I'll be twenty-three in a few weeks but dressed like I'm almost forty. I shouldn't be body-shamed because some Parliament member's wife is intimidated by my body because her golden years are long gone."

Margaret smiles and typed something on her phone. "Well, I've been waiting for the past two years for you to say something. I can't help but feel like this also have to do with Mr. Kennedy being present," Margaret says with a smirk.

"No, it's about me being happy and being able to wear what I want. Who knows I may be able to attract a husband since my mother and parliament want that to be my main focus."

Margaret has been Jackie's best friend and confidante since they were teenagers. So she knows her best friend hasn't always been the most confident and shy. Also understands the difficulty to find a suitable husband.

Jackie sighs and lights another cigarette. Margaret looks at Jackie.

"Well, see what happens with Mr. Kennedy. You never know what could develop between you two."

"I doubt it! I'm sure he has a long trail of women that starts here and goes back to the US. Besides I can't see a handsome man like himself being single."

"You never know Jackie. What if you are exactly what he is looking for?"

"I don't know, but I doubt my mother and parliament would prefer me to date a local," Jackie replies before taking another drag of her cigarette.

"You never know Jackie, fate has its ways of bringing people together. I gotta go, I have a dental appointment, I'll call you later," Margaret says picking up her purse. 

"Ok, talk to you later," Jackie says as she watches her best friend leave the room. 

Once Margaret is gone she begins to think about what she said. Maybe it is fate that brought John Kennedy here. There are over a hundred fifty countries across the globe and he chose her country as one of the locations to build a part of his empire. The manila envelope sitting on her desk next to her contains the folder about John and his proposal for the school that she read six months ago. She found it to exciting and hopeful for the future. Of course she didn't expect the man to be drop dead gorgeous. 

With her being the chairman of the board for the school she will be seeing John more often, especially they have a meeting next week to talk about the current process of the school. Hopefully he accepts her invitation to her party.