Angelic || Ash x Reader Fluff

((Requested by hyruleemblem )) Word count:

Here you were, bored yet again. Nobles never throw exciting parties, its always. "Oh! Did you hear about Mr. Woodly's new yacht?" or "My! Mr. Perkins has discovered oil and made a second fortune!" It's never about anything new. Frankly, you found it droll. Sure, dressing up and dancing was fun at first, but now it just seems like a chore.

Eventually letting your boredom get the better of you, you decide to stroll through the beautiful castle gardens the palace is famed for. You sneak by the guards and sprint over to the hedge maze, kicking off your stuffy shoes and stretching your arms out as goosebumps formed on your skin. You run through the maze, not caring if you got lost. That was one thing you never understood about the books, if you get lost in a hedge maze, just climb over the top.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see a burst of bright color. With a curious smirk, you whirl around and see a rose bush of unmatchable beauty. It's every fiber calling, begging you to touch it. The thorns, protruding out of the smooth vines that curl around the branches, forming the bases of the roses. Scattered buds and blossoms of a fading color, beautiful opaque petals twirled together in an intricate pattern, slowly opening to greet the cold opening of life, little though they have to live. Your hand is drawn, almost as if some unseen force is pulling you towards it. Your fingers graze the smooth petals, feeling the cool, silky skin of the beautiful blossoms. You hear a twig snap, you whirl your head around trying to trace the source of the sound. You see nothing, just the maze around you. You cock an eyebrow but are unable to resist the temptation. You reach down and inhale deeply, taking in the rich, sweet scent of spring roses as the dew glints off them adding a freshness to the smell. You sigh in contentment, at the beautiful sentiment. You nod to yourself. I have to have these roses. You say reaching out to pick one. Just one, and I'll be happy.

Your hand reaches out to take the rose when another hand grasps your wrist, pulling your hand away from the tantalizing bush. You whine a little and turn to face your pursuer. You're met with a man on a white uniform, a sheathed sword at his side. White hair falls in whispy sections around his face, and his amber eyes narrow in a slightly condescending way.

"Pardon the intrusion my lady, but I am afraid I cannot allow you to take one of those roses." He says pulling you so you fall into him, you blushed and push yourself away. He frowns. "My sincerest apologies lady, but this is her majesty's favorite bush in the garden, and she would be devastated to learn that someone had defiled it." He said.

" I was not defiling it, I was merely admiring it." You cross your arms. He smiles, considering you.

"That said, I'm sure her majesty would love having seeing a flower like you dancing around the estate." He takes your gloved hand in his, putting an arm across his chest. "Perhaps she would hire you as a maid." He said. You yanked your hand away.

" For your information, sir, I am a journalist and a very successful one." You said. He smiled.

"Of course." He said.