author's note

______________________________

"O serpent heart hid with a flowering face!"

- William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet.

______________________________

- 2019 Watty Award winner for Mystery & Thriller! -

______________________________

SAMPLE ONLY

______________________________

#Summary: By day, Catherine Themis is an unassuming civilian administrator for the Dedwich Police Department, but by night, she is a notorious vigilante known as The Hangman. Struggling with her violent urges and the psychological cost of her actions, Catherine becomes the target of an obsessive serial killer and a relentless FBI agent, and as the hunt for the Hangman intensifies, Catherine must decide which life she wishes to live and what she values more: vengeance or her fading humanity?

A psychological thriller in the vein of MINDHUNTER and HANNIBAL, SERPENT HEART is a deep-dive into the life and history of a conflicted vigilante forced to confront her inner demons and evade a national manhunt. Catherine questions the efficacy of her own convictions as the FBI closes in and a vindictive murderer puts her family, love, and identity in jeopardy. With everything on the line and time running out, who will Catherine Themis become?

______________________________

#Rating: This is a mature work.

#Contains: Violence, murder, depictions of blood, assault, death, intimacy, and the usage of strong language. Includes panic attacks, anxiety, PTSD, and dissociative episodes. Bi-sexual romance.

______________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read, and I hope you enjoy the story,

______________________________

© All Rights Reserved

Serpent Heart is my own creation and property. Its cover and chapter art are original to me and also my property. Do not reuse my work, in whole or in part. If you see my work being misused, please inform me.

This SAMPLE is only available on W a t t p a d. If you are reading it anywhere else, it has been uploaded illegally.