12 - The Real World

It took a several days but soon enough, with them working together, the two hackers were done. Victor had completed the code...again, and Corey had managed to trace the money straight to the source. He even made sure to find out if it went any higher or not. Fortunately, it didn't.

The boys watched in satisfaction as the Headmasters were arrested. The money was anonymously returned to the school. It was just a week to break, after which they would be gone. The official story would be transferred back to the academy, but they finished their schooling years ago.

"Do you have the clothes?" Kota asked Gabriel as they headed to the factory. Kota sighed in relief that this would be the last time they would have to make this trip. Today was the day Sang was coming home.

Victor sat down at the computer as soon as they arrived. Sang left her tower looking around at the only world she'd ever known.

"Are you ready?" Victor asked her.

"Yes," she told him confidently. She was most definitely ready to be in the real world.

Victor activated the code targeting Sang's corrupt data. Gabe, Kota, and Sean waited for her in the scanner room. All of them wanted to be there but they didn't want to overwhelm or embarrass her.

The scanner closed in front of them before opening to reveal a small, blonde girl curled up on the floor. Her clothes were worn. They must have been what she was wearing when she went in. She looked up at them and then flashed them her biggest smile yet. She was actually in the real world. She was free.

"Trouble, you okay?" Gabriel asked her helping her up. She leaned hard on him and Kota for a moment before she found her feet.

"It's different here," she stated not knowing what else to say.

"Here are the clothes we picked out if you want to change," Gabriel said handing her the clothing. She took it gratefully and stepped behind the scanner. They turned their back to give her as much privacy as possible. It only took a few minutes and she was done.

She entered the elevator with them finding it fascinating. There wasn't anything like it on Lyoko. They entered the computer room where she met everyone else.

"Your clothes are so different here," she pointed out. They all laughed. Together they loaded up into the elevator. It was time. The entered the supercomputer room.

"That's it?" Sang asked taking in the computer. This was the cause of all of their problems. How many times had they just wanted to turn it off but instead they dealt with it in order to save her.

"Yep, that's it," Nathan replied.

"Mr. Morgan if you would," Owen said motioning for Victor to come forward. Victor expertly found the switch, the same one he flipped all those days ago that started this mess. He didn't regret it. None of them did. They had found her so it had all been worth it.

"Off," he stated throwing the switch. They all opened their mouths to celebrate but all of their shouts of happiness turned into cries of horror as Sang crashed to the ground.