Chapter 19

Hello everyone, I'm sorry for not updating for such a long time. I've nearly lost interest in finishing this story because I am so close to completing it. Hope I didn't leave you guys hanging for far too long. And I'm happy to say that this and the next chapter are the last ones of What the Future Holds. I know you guys want me to continue on writing more of them reacting to their future, but this is far as I will go.

But look at the bright side. Now you guys can write your own version of how they would react to their future, or react to playing their own game.

"Talk"
'Thinking'
"Movie Talk"

________________________________________________________________________________

The clouded vision shows only a bright white light shining on the scene where the Princess's voice can be heard "Your master will come for you." The white light begins to fade revealing the Master Sword laying on the pedestal where it was found by Link in the woods guarded by the Deku Tree "Until then you shall rest safely here."

Seeing the Master Sword laying down, where Link had first drawn it from it's resting place, made the hero felt a sigh of relief knowing that the sword will be watch safely under the eyes of the Deku Tree.

"Although the Slumber of Restoration will most certainly deprive him of his memories," The scene shows Princess Zelda praying to the spirit in the Master Sword, "Please trust me when I say that I know he will arrive before you yet again."

Link had heard of the shrine that can restore a person's life to full heath, but at the price of forgetting the life they've known.

Sadness. Proud. Heartbroken. Overjoy. These are the mix emotions Johnathan is feeling for his only son's fate.

The booming voice of the great Deku Tree startled the Princess slightly from her prayer, "If I may be so bold... what is it that you are planning next, Princess?"

Yes.

What is the Princess planning to do next?

Many people were at a lost on the next strategy course of action, and Daruk was one of those people. He felt like it was his fault, for charging in head on without much of a formulated plan. Even with Link out of commission, there is still a calamity threat hanging over Hyrule Castle.

Link and Zelda stood close to each other watching what future Zelda has to say.

Standing up from kneeling, Zelda looks down at the master sword laying in front of her, "The Master Sword... I heard it speak to me."

Aquarius "Fi."

Everyone turned to the goddess.

Aquarius "Fi is the name of the fairy spirit that sleeps within the Master Sword and is the spirit who chooses her master to wheeled the sword."

Everyone was overwhelm by thins shocking information; the legends of the voice in the sword were true! But no one were more shocked than Link and Zelda.

King Rhoam felt a twinge of hope for his daughter, and is proud to hear that she has heard a voice of the spirit of the Master Sword.

Zelda places her clenched hand over her chest, "It seems that my role is unfinished. There is something I must do." she said with strong determination.

Urbosa smile for her little bird, she has the courage of her hero and the bravery of a warrior. If only her dear friend was still here, she too would be proud of her daughter too.

The Deku Tree took a moment of thought before he replies "I sense there is great strength in your dedication." Zelda step forward a little and ask, "Great Deku Tree, I ask of you, When he returns, can you please relay this message... Tell him I-" but the Deku Tree politely stops her, "Now then... Words intended for him would sound much better in the tones of your voice, don't you think?" Thinking over the Great Deku Tree's advice, Zelda smiles so brightly as clap her hands together and nodded her head in agreement. "Yes."

Zelda has a feeling what her future-self wanted to say, but her heart and the Great Deku Tree advice speaks truth. 'So for now, I'll wait until the time is right.'

Link question at Zelda's requested message, but he knows, just by the smile on her face, he will hear her message soon. When the time is right.

Mipha smiled ever so slightly, knowing deeply what the Princess of Hyrule wanted to say.

The scene went black for a second before showing Zelda grabbing the handle of the Master Sword with both of her hands, and raise it upward with the blade pointing down to it's pedestal. She then carefully slide it into place before she use every ounce of her strength to sealed the sword tightly shut in it's pedestal. As the scene changes to the Master Sword healing in glowing bright blue light, with rays of the sun shining down on it and is surrounded by three Silent Princesses as the scene starts to fade way.

Everyone in the throne room was relived, there is a shining light of hope left for Hyrule and for it's people.

Purah walks up to the Goddess and ask her what was the last thing the fairy spirit said to her master and what was the name of her master?

Aquarius "Fi's last words were, "Thank you, Master Link. May we meet again in another life..." Before she went to sleep of many many years."

Link.

The hero's name was Link.

'Of course that's the hero's name.' Revali thought bitterly.

Johnathan thought his heart couldn't be filled with anymore joy and pride for his son, but hearing the hero's name from the ancient legends is the same name as his oldest child. Made his heart grew larger than before.

King Rhoam "If I may, Goddess Aquarius." Aquarius turns her attention to the king. "Wha is the fate of Hyrule once, Sir. Link wakes up from his slumber?"

Aquarius answers "I have one last vision to show you, and then I'll be on my way back to the heavens."

And with that, the fog begins to show the last and final vision of the future.