Chapter 3 (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"I'm already in bed. I party pretty hard on Fridays," I said sarcastically. As he laughed I could hear what sounded like a car unlocking from his end of the phone.

"Good, I'll be there in five."

"Did you miss what I-" The line was already dead, the last thing I heard was a car door slamming. At least he is smart enough not to drive on the phone.

I lay, frozen in my spot in my bed. If I snuck out again and got caught, Mom would put me under house arrest. I tried to redial Beatle's number and tell him I wasn't going out, but it went straight to voicemail.

A few minutes later, while I paced my room, I heard a horn honk outside of my house. I walked over and peeked between the blinds, seeing Beatle's car parked in the middle of the road. I didn't think he had any headlights on despite how dark it was.

I yanked my window open and stared down at the car until he stepped out and looked at me with a quizzical yet impatient expression.

"Are you coming?" He asked, with frustration, leaning against the open car door while I placed my hands on either side of my open window.

"No. I already told you, you just don't listen."

"You can't bail on me now, I'm already here." I rolled my eyes and walked away from the window and towards the stack of books in my room next to the desk. There wasn't enough room for a book shelf, so I had a large stack of books that reached nearly my waist.

I was thumbing through the titles and trying to pick a good one when I heard a noise sound from outside. It was like a small branch being broken. I got up from my crouching position and strode back over to the still open window.

I expected to see Beatle driving away into the darkness, I obviously should have known better.

"Are you crazy? You're going to kill yourself." I exclaimed, trying to keep my voice down. I watched as the moron shimmied up the drainpipe. It was like when Tom Hardy did it to kiss Emily Browning in the movie Legend. Except this wasn't a movie, and I doubted climbing the pipe was as easy as it looked.

"If you won't come out, I'm coming up." He huffed as his fingers skimmed along the bricks, looking for a hole to grab and pull himself up.

I rolled my eyes; he seemed a little less than sober. I closed my window and picked The Book Thief off the floor. I don't know why I even bothered to look through all my books, I always chose this one.

After I had finished the first two chapters uninterrupted, I figured that Beatle had finally given up and went to torment Mi, Whiskey, or Trick. I set the book face-down on my comforter, walking towards the window for what I promised would be the last time.

I looked out and didn't see him anymore, but his car was still parked in the middle of the road. I jerked the window open again and looked around.

"Lake!" I heard him desperately call out my nickname, and searched the drainpipe. Then I noticed something glint in the moonlight, it was a ring. My eyes followed it to his hands, which were gripping the eaves trough.

Goddamn it.

I groaned loudly and pulled myself out the window, sensing the icy breeze against my skin. I still hadn't put on a shirt. I carefully stumbled down the shingles on the roof towards Beatle.

"Lake!" Beatle yelled out again, and one of his hands released the metal gutter. I staggered over faster, and grabbed the hand that was still holding on, the one with the ring. It was slick with blood, and I winced at the feel of it. I was beginning to feel queasy and the sight of the lawn below us was not helping. I heaved all my weight backwards, attempting to pull him up before he fell and splattered on the lawn, assuming he made the grass instead of the walkway or the garden. Mom would kill me if I got blood on her roses.

I fell backwards onto the tiles, my foot catching in the drain before I could slide off the rooftop. I whined in pain and there was a loud creaking noise. I looked down to see the eaves trough disconnecting itself from the end of the roof. I scrambled back to my feet, ignoring how the shingles nicked at my skin and made it burn with pain. All I could focus on was getting us both out of this situation alive, which also meant not waking my mother.

I pulled on the sleeve of his jacket, using it to pull him up next to me. I heard it tearing, but at the moment I didn't really care. I heaved him up, and despite everything I thought was possible, he was no longer dangling from the gutter. Somehow I had managed to pull him up the roof.

There was no moment where I paused to catch my breath; I was too fearful that something awful would happen, like the roof collapsing beneath our weight. It was only the porch roof, it was all for decorative purposes, so who knew how well it was built. I crawled up and through my window, landing nearly face-first onto the wooden floor of my bedroom. There was a loud 'thunk' that echoed through the house, but I could still hear Mom's rhythmic snores from down the hall. I forced myself onto my feet, trying to avoid seeing the scrapes and cuts on my arms and chest. Beatle's hand gripped the window frame and he too pulled himself into my room.

"You should be wearing a permanent straight jacket." He shrugged and held his hands up to his face, examining them in the light of my bed lamp. I could see the cuts in them; they were straight and relatively deep looking. The edges of the drain must have been sharp.

"You should have come outside."

"Come on; let's wrap up your hands before you get an infection." I grabbed his wrist but he pulled it away from me, standing firmly in his spot.

"No, I came to talk to you. I-"

"Elliot?" I heard my mother's voice call out loudly from the hallway and my eyes widened to the size of grapes.

"Shit. Shit. Get out."

"What?" Before he could protest I had already pushed him out the window and closed the blinds behind him. My door knob rattled and my mom's face popped in. She yawned and rubbed her eyes, looking around my room.

"Bed, now. You're keeping Hayden awake, and he needs his sleep for the soccer tournament tomorrow." I looked past her to see my brother, smirking in the hall.

"Yes, Ma," I replied sourly. She shut the door and I could hear words exchanging between her and Hayden. I sighed and tiptoed back over to my window, glancing out just in time to see Beatle's car turning around the corner and off of my street.

I spent most of the night awake and wondering what Beatle had to say. I picked up my phone at least five times to call him, but I couldn't bring myself to. Whatever it was would just have to wait.

*a/n Wow, 100 votes! What the hell? You guys are awesome!

Of course Elliot's mom would ruin everything, damn parents.

Okay, well I love all of you guys, so, comment, vote, follow, and all that stuff! Okay, now I'm rambling. Till next time !