"I will not marry you, so no reason to know about me." What?! I pouted at him.

"Why? Am I not beautiful?" I pouted and looked at him with wide eyes.

He looked over at me from head to toe in an assessment, "No, it's not like that!" He tried to frame his words carefully.

He found me beautiful! Yay. I knew it. I am indeed beautiful maybe not a model type beauty but a nature nymph type beauty I surely possess.

I grinned at him with sparkling eyes, "Then you think I couldn't protect you?"

He coughed out loudly and I immediately opened the water bottle cap and passed it to him in hurry.

What happened? Why was he in fits of coughs?

Is he somehow - ?

No I would never let him die. Never!

He drank the water greedily and once done he narrowed his eyes at me like I have lost something important.

"You will protect me?" He asked almost in scoff.

"Of course. I am your to be wife; if not me then who will protect you?" It is an obvious thing in couples right? Then why is he ridiculing me?

I'm hurt! Does he think I'm not capable of shielding him?

"You do remember that I'm a mafia right?" He suddenly looked powerful at the way he stated.

Yes, he did look powerful but the baby face innocence is still there so the power did not affect me much. I mean, what can he do me? Tuyen says I'm the most dangerous person so I think he can't be more dangerous than me.

"Yes, but how does that matter in our current conversation?" Yes, he said he's a Mafia, so what? He's a Monk too so I don't really care. "Anyways, My lips are still virgin." And I don't know what made him so choking, that he spewed the small sips of water he was taking and again started coughing wildly.

I think I need to take him to a lung doctor. I think talking to many people continuously affected his throat and lungs that they are not even accepting water to pass down.

"What?" He almost yelled looking at me in disbelief.

"I said my lips are still virgin." I blushed and swayed side to side bashfully.

I mean, I just said I did not receive my first kiss yet and according to Albina and Tuyen, it's a shy thing to discuss.

I just want to tell him everything about me and share all my little dark secrets with him. He seems reliable and trustworthy to share my details and moreover I'm planning to make him Mr. White soon so he has the right to know.

"Zinnia –" Mr. Monk called me and heaved taking my hand into his. He pulled me to the nearest bench and we sat on it facing each other. He turned towards me and took both my hands into his.

"Zinnia, you cannot just tell these things to anyone. People may take advantage of them." He explained to me slowly like he was a teacher and I'm his student.

"I know, Mr. Monk. I told you because you have a right to know about me and I trust you." I grinned at him and frankly speaking, I liked how he was holding my hands and talking to me in melodious soft voice.

I don't know why but I liked it a lot.

Mr. Monk started at me for a very long time without blinking. Many shades of emotions went through his eyes and I could not recognize any of it.

"Why do you want to marry me, Zinnia." He looked into my eyes and I know I have his undivided attention. But why does he want to know about it? Does he not want to have a beautiful wife like me?

"Because you are so good, you always listen to me even though you don't want to. You have no land and that gave me a fierce protectiveness towards you. And mostly, you seem to control my inabilities quite well. And, I don't know why but today I suddenly felt you need someone in your life. Not like Mr. Egor, but someone who can stay with you forever no matter what."

"I – Uh – " He wanted to say something but looks like he was suddenly thinking about something.

What I said was true, a while ago when we were having a little fight over the headbands, he got irritated a little but I also saw that he somehow secretly enjoyed yelling at me. I think it's because being a lonely Monk from years, he must be feeling so lonesome and bland.

I didn't like how lonely the Monk should've felt all those years. In just a day, I came to care for him and being a humble person, he doesn't even share what he is facing.

"Alright, how about we do this?" He started and I turned my attention to him and nodded enthusiastically.

"Why don't you let me court you? Don't bring the topic of marriage until I bring it up again. These three months, I will try my ways to court you and you will let me take the charge. You will absolutely be just my partner in the play and nothing more. I will look up for the ways to win your heart. You can play very hard to get but in the midst of this, if I fell in love with you then you will forever be with me. Even if you no longer like me in future, if I love you then it's a game over and you will have no say in it. What say?!" I listened to him carefully and started thinking over it.

Mr. Monk wants to court me like in old style? Like picnics and dates? Then it would be fun.

He seems to be serious about what he said and even I liked what he said, I was never courted or approached by a man for a relationship so I want to experience those magical innocent touchy moments like they show in dramas.

I nodded and shook my head several times completely in my own thinking and finally sighed and looked at him, "Okay. I accept. But I want to you to court me historical style; it will be more fun. Should I arrange some historical ancient clothes for us?"I clapped excitedly and jumped a couple times.

'Seems like I dug another grave for myself!' I heard his voice in whisper while I was jumping excitedly but I did not dwell on it much because I know even grave can be romantically involved if such deadly beautiful person is courting you.

I wonder how he would use grave to court me. Oh my god! It would be so much cool!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Hope you enjoy it.

This chapter is very chatty and again a little silly.

Don't you think behind all the silliness and craziness, Zinnia possess a warm heart?

Zinnia thought she need to protect Mr. Monk, what you think?

What do you think of Mr. Monk's deal? Was it smart or foolish?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim