Part 4

Perrie knew it would be rough walking into school after seeing Liam and Jade together that Friday night. When Perrie had been watching from her car, she could swear she saw something shift between the couple. It was the way Liam and Jade had kissed and the way he had held her. She could just tell.

As she pushed her way through the front doors, she just hoped that she wouldn’t see the couple on her way to class. Perrie was one of those people that stuck to the shadows and the corner of the building now. She just didn’t really want to talk to anyone, except for Jade. But now it had become increasingly difficult to even have a minute alone with the girl.

Unfortunately for Perrie, it looked like she wouldn’t be able to avoid Jade and Liam. They were standing in a large group of people. Liam had his arm around Jade’s waist, pulling her into his body. Her head was resting against his arm. Everyone in the group was standing around and talking, and the group was so big that it took up the majority of the hallway. This was the only way for Perrie to get to her class, so she knew she would have to brush past the group.

To make things even worse for her, as she approached the group, Liam used his free hand to grab Jade’s chin and turn her face towards his. He murmured something to her and Perrie’s heart broke a little bit more as she watched Jade’s face light up as a giggle made its way out of her mouth.

Although Perrie had seen it happen numerous times in the past, it killed just a little bit more when Jade stood on the tips of her toes to lock lips with Liam. Everyone else in the group made gagging noises and told them to get a room, and if Perrie had been in that group, she probably would have said something even harsher like, “Just break up already.”

Jade and Liam both pulled apart laughing slightly before Liam said, “Hey, I can’t help it. It’s not my fault that I’m in love with her.”

Perrie was surprised she hadn’t just collapsed to the ground right then and there from all the heartache that rushed her at once. Love? They’re in love? Perrie’s chances of ever being with Jade just became even slimmer. When she realized that, she had to fight the tears threatening to form in her eyes.

Perrie realized that she had been rooted to the spot after hearing Liam’s words because people were starting to bump into her. She started to walk past the couple, and before she even had time to stop herself, she murmured, “same,” in response to what Liam had said.

Jade had heard the words and whipped her head around, but unfortunately Perrie was a fast walker and had been swallowed up by the crowd of students making their way to class. Jade couldn’t help but wonder if whoever had said that had directed it at them. She shook her head, figuring she had probably just been hearing things and leaned back into Liam, thoughts filling her head.

If only your body molded into Liam’s as easily as it did to Perrie’s.

——

During lunch, Perrie had made up her mind that she would give it a shot. She hated being the one who couldn’t move on. It was such a foreign feeling. She was usually the one quickly getting over the person that she had just been under.

She sat alone at lunch, which was something she had been doing for a week or so now. She could see Jade glance over at her sometimes with a look of pity on her face, but it didn’t really mean anything to Perrie because Jade never actually came over. She was too busy with Liam to do that.

Perrie actually liked being alone at lunch. It gave her time to just figure out her thoughts. She tried doing that in class, but she realized it wasn’t a good idea because she drifted so far away from the lesson that her grades were starting to drop. She decided to save lunch time for her thoughts.