chapter sixteen

C L A S H

(noun) to come into conflict

• • •

It frustrated him more than he wanted to. It made him think more than he wanted to. And the worst thing was he didn't even understand why it consumed his mind this much. Why did it bother him?

"Ty, can you help me with something?"

He stared at nothing in particular in front of him while nodding. He didn't really want to agree though, but he knew he better did.

"This dress or this one?"

He finally decided to look at Emily. She was standing in front of the mirror in only her lingerie while holding two dresses that looked exactly the same. He blinked two times, trying to find a difference.

"The first one."

"Sure?" She questioned, still holding both dresses in front of her.

"I like the second one better." She added, making Tyeson roll his eyes. Emily was making his mood even worse than before.

"When are we leaving?" Tyeson stood up, casually strolling around her bedroom and picking up random stuff once in awhile. He was bored out of his mind, and being in this room only made his thoughts double.

"An hour."

"An hour?" He turned around, looking at her in shock. She threw the dresses on her bed and raised her eyebrows at him.

"Yes, I still need to dress up."

"And that takes an hour?" Now he was the one raising his eyebrows.

"Yes."

"Half an hour?" He tried.

"No."

"Can I go earlier then?"

"No you can't, but it's not like I can stop you, right?" And there it was again.

"Correct." He stated bluntly.

"Why do you always have to do that?" Emily pointed out, putting her hands on her hips. He knew her attitude was going to show up at one point, he only hoped this night it would be later rather than now.

"Do what?" Tyeson threw back at her. He knew his answer was asking for yet another argument, but he just couldn't stop himself.

"We have been together for two years-

"We haven't." He didn't let her finish. He didn't want to go over this again. They weren't even in a real relationship, they never were. The only thing they ever did was use each other, and they both knew they were good at it.

"Oh, so now what? You are going to deny we spent time together?"

"No. I know we did." He answered her annoyed. He just wanted to leave already. If he could go to this party now, he could get wasted and forget this whole week, the whole drama and back and forth shit, all at once.

"Then what? What's your problem?"

"Nothing."

It was deadly silent for half a minute, until Emily mentioned the one person Tyeson truly didn't want to think about right now.

"Is it the Autumn girl?"

He immediately turned around, surprised by what Emily just said. Autumn?

"Keep her out of this." He decided to answer her rather harshly.

"You have been acting weird since she came into town."