Chapter 3

2 months later

"Lets get on the road in 20." Hotch said to the team. They had gotten a new case in D.C. The team loaded the black SUV's and debriefed as they were on their way. When they had gotten to the station, they were met with a few officers. "I'm Will." one of the officers said and shook JJ's hand. Emily noticed the way he looked at her and got a little jealous. JJ looked at him the same way, and she knew that something was up.

2 days later

After they caught the unsub, they went back to the station. Emily noticed JJ standing in the middle of the room. She saw Will and realized that JJ was staring at him. She walked up to her and said, "You should go for him."

"What?" JJ asked.

"Go for him. You'd make a cute couple." Emily replied.

"You know what?" JJ said. She walked over to Will and was talking, but Emily didn't hear what she was saying. She was busy wondering what she just did. She was lost in her thoughts, but she was brought out of it when Derek said,

"It's about time."

She looked at the two and realized that they were kissing. She rolled her eyes a little before walking away. She felt her heart break because she wanted to be in Will's place. She wished she didn't say what she did.

"Are you okay?" she heard Derek ask behind her. She realized that she was crying, and she she just stops and looks at him.

"I'm fine." she said.

"No you aren't. What's wrong?" he asked. She got more tears in her eyes, and then he knew why she was crying. "Oh. You like Will." he said. Emily shook her head 'no'. "What? But- ohhhh. Come here baby." he said and hugged her. She started crying even more, and so he started to rub her back.

"I understand that you like her. Why didn't you tell her?" he asked.

"Because she wouldn't like me back. I know she won't. Obviously she's not like my kind." Emily said.

"Your kind? What do you mean?" Derek asked.

"I like girls. My kind."

"Baby girl, you don't choose who you fall in love with. She may like someone else, but who cares? There are so many other girls out there who would absolutely LOVE to have you as their girlfriend. Now, I do know for a fact that JJ does like girls at least a little bit. So, if you want to try and win her over, make her jealous. Now the bad thing with that is she may not get jealous. But, if you choose someone you like a little bit, then if JJ doesn't choose you, you still have the other girl." Derek said.

"I don't think I can do that." Emily said.

"Come on. Fight for your girl." Derek said.

"I don't know. If she doesn't like me, then she doesn't like me." Emily said.

"Ugh, Emily! Not to be mean, but I hate people like you. You get all sad when someone you like is dating or likes someone else, but you don't want to fight for their love. Girl, if you want her that badly, you have to fight. Be that badass woman I know you are." Derek said to her. Emily sighed.

"I'll think about it." she said.

"I want an answer by tomorrow. If you choose to fight, I will coach you through it. If you choose to be in the audience, then I will be there with you and help you get through the pain until you don't need me anymore." Derek told Emily. She smiled and wiped away her remaining tears that were falling down her face.

"Thanks. You know, maybe I should just get a cat." Emily told him.

"Not until after I help you
Then, if you still want a cat, we can go cat shopping together." Derek suggested.

"Maybe. But, I will let you know my decision." Emily said.

"You better. Okay. Now, go home and get some sleep, and I will pick you up tomorrow at 10, and we will talk over coffee." Derek said and gave her a hug. She went to her apartment and got out a bottle of wine. As she was pouring her a glass, she thought of all the things she could be doing with JJ. For instance, they could be drinking wine together, they could cuddle and talk about everything, they could take a road trip together and not have to worry about work, they could do each other's hair and nails, etc. She really wished that she could be in Will's place.

Before she knew it, the entire bottle of wine was gone, and she was feeling a little tipsy. She decided to put the bottle in the recycling and wash out her glass. After she was done with that, she decided that it was time for her to go to bed.

When she woke up, she had slight headache, so the first thing she did was take some Advil and then brushed her teeth. She check the time, and she only had five minutes until Derek picked her up. She flew through her apartment and got dressed as quickly as she could and bushed her hair to make herself look somewhat decent. Just as Derek knocked on her door, she grabbed her keys, purse, and a pair of sunglasses. "Good morning sunshine." he said once she opened the door.

"Hey." she said.

"Right. You haven't had coffee yet. And by the looks of it, I would say you have a hangover right now." he said.

"Don't start. Unless you want your head bitten off." she said. He put his hands up and followed her out to his car. When they got to Starbucks, Derek found a table while she ordered their drinks. Of course, Derek gave her money for both of their drinks because he is a gentleman like that. When she found him, she sat his coffee down in front of him and sat down in front of him.

"So, what's your decision?" he asked.

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't update in so long! I've decided that this will only be a short story since I am basing it off a video that I found. I will put that video on the last chapter so you guys can watch it (if you haven't already). Seriously, it is amazing. But there's only two chapters left. I hope you like this!