Thank You

Downstairs, Ashley was cooking breakfast for everyone. Wayne was outside trying his best to shovel the snow away from the driveway and some of the side walks.

The worst of the snow storm had now passed and it was now lightly snowing.

After a while, Wayne walked back inside the house after a while and took off his coat, boots and gloves by the door. He made sure not to leave a mess inside the house.

He then walked to the kitchen and greeted Ashley. "Hey, babe. Good morning." He said then he kissed her lips.
"Morning, hon." Ashley said. "How is it outside?"
"Well, I managed to clear the driveway, sidewalks and I managed to unbury our cars, but they still need to plow the streets." Wayne said. "So, no one is going anywhere for a while. Which is a good thing we have no where to go at the moment. So it all worked out."

Ashley opened the curtain that was above the kitchen sink and raised her eyebrows. "Yep. Better be safe and stay put."
Wayne then went about setting the table for their breakfast.

Patty Ann had joined her brother and sister in law in the kitchen.

"Are Mom and Dad awake?" Wayne asked.
"I think so." Patty Ann replied as she sat down on the kitchen table. "I heard them moving about their room."

Back upstairs, Jessica called Dr. Rice back. She wanted to speak to him herself to ease her mind.

Dr. Rice assured her that as long as she didn't panic that things would work out and be okay.

"Just remember, your body knows what to do." Dr. Rice said soothingly. "All you have to do is listen to it. Walk around the house to get things moving along. I already gave Ruth her instructions so don't worry about anything else. You just worry about yourself and keeping calm. I have complete faith in you."
Jessica took a deep breath and nodded as she said. "Okay. Thank you, Dr. Rice."
"You're welcome." He said. "I'll be right over as soon as the roads are clear."

Jessica hung up the phone after saying goodbye to her doctor then she decided to go about her day as normally as she could.

She got up from the bed and Ruth helped her bathe. As Jessica soaked in the bath, relishing the feeling of the warm water, Ruth went about the house gathering supplies from the list Dr. Rice had given her.

Ruth was rushing throughout the house and she had gone downstairs to the kitchen where they stored one of their first aid kits.

"Dad? What's going on?" Wayne asked as he noticed the frantic look on Ruth's face as she checked off things on her list.

Ruth looked up and was brought out of her thoughts. In her haste, Ruth had forgotten there were other people in the house.

"Oh, uh..." Ruth stumbled; she took a deep breath then looked over at her children and daughter in law. "Kids...your mother is in labor. We have no choice but to deliver the baby here. I almost found all the supplies we'll need."

Three pairs of eyes stared wide eyed at Ruth. They were all shocked and their minds raced.

Ruth told them to stay calm because Jessica was going to need their full support.
They all nodded then Wayne began to help Ruth get whatever was left on the supply list.

After her bath, Jessica brushed her teeth then her hair. She pulled it back into a ponytail so her hair wouldn't be in her way.

She had thought about how scared she was to have her baby at home. But, after a while, she realized she couldn't change the situation, so, she would push her fear away and stay strong. Jessica began to believe that everything was going to be okay.