Prayers

The next morning, everyone met at the church once again for their final goodbyes before heading to the cemetery. The morning went off without drama from the reverend.

It was a nice service and before they knew it, they were making their way to the cemetery. More tears were shed and more words of love and respect were spoken. Jessica comforted Ruth through it all and stayed strong for her.

Snow was beginning to stick to the ground now and all were relieved they were able to bury Roy before the ground could be too frozen to do so.

After the cemetery, they all made their way back to Ruth's parents home where people arrived to spend time with the family.

Everyone had brought food over so the family wouldn't have to cook and everyone mingled and told stories about Roy. Again, they all cried, smiled, and laughed at all the wonderful memories they all were sharing.

Ruth was in the living room with everyone else, while Jessica stood in the kitchen buckled over. She breathed through her discomfort. She stood straight up once she knew the Braxton Hicks contraction had passed.

Jessica then went back to doing what she was doing which was gathering more cups for the guests. She was feeling worn out both physically and emotionally. She didn't get a good nights rest and they were up bright and early that morning. She was pushing her body to the limit to help out the family by playing host to the guests. Ruth and her sisters told Jessica she didn't have to do much but of course, Jessica wanted to help. Jessica was helping serve the food and making sure everyone had a plate and a drink.

Suddenly, Jessica felt faint so she put down the glass she had been holding, she then placed her hands out and leaned on the kitchen counter.

She tried to fight against the feeling but soon she lost the battle and blacked out.

Becky, Ruth's older sister happened to walk into the kitchen for more drinks and saw Jessica leaning on the counter. When she saw Jessica sway, Becky rushed over to Jessica and managed to catch her before she could hit the floor.

"Oh my goodness!" Becky called out as she lowered Jessica onto the floor. "Jessica, wake up." She said as she lightly patted Jessica's cheeks.

At that moment, Wayne happened to be walking by the kitchen and saw what was going on.

"Aunt Becky, what happens?!" Wayne said worriedly. He rushed to his mother's side and tried to wake her.
"I don't know. She just fainted." Becky said. "Go call an ambulance. Hurry!"

Wayne nodded and rushed to the phone. Soon everyone knew Jessica had fainted.

Ruth ran to the kitchen and saw Jessica in his sister's arms. She got down on the floor and said. "Jess, wake up honey."

Jessica began stir; her eyes fluttered open a few times but she didn't wake up. Her eyes were still once again.

Ruth grew extremely worried when Jessica didn't wake up. She placed a hand on Jessica's belly to see if the baby was moving. The baby was kicking away and Ruth relaxed a little.

Soon an ambulance arrived and the paramedics rushed inside the house and were led into the kitchen.

They began to work on Jessica and they were able to wake her up.

Jessica groaned as her hands flew to her belly.
"Ruth! Is the baby okay?"
"Relax, Jessica." Ruth replied. "They are taking you to the hospital and they'll check on him. I'm sure he's fine."

Jessica began to cry and the paramedics laid her down on the stretcher then wheeled her out to the ambulance.

Ruth told everyone to stay put but Wayne, Ashley and Patty Ann wanted to go be with their mother.

Ruth road the ambulance with Jessica and they all made their way to the hospital. All of Ruth's family sent up their prayers and hoped that Jessica and the baby would be okay.