Are You Ready?

After their love making, Jessica and Ruth lay in bed and Jessica takes in her husband's body one last time time as she's known it for the past 25 years. She wanted to cherish it and she fell asleep in Ruth's arms.

In the morning, they woke up and got ready to drive five hours away from their home so Ruth could get her surgery.

Ruth was born male; her birth name was Roy. Almost her whole life she had to hide the secret of who she truly was. Ruth was born in the wrong body.

Ruth met Jessica when they were in high school. She was a year older than Jessica and they got married when Jessica was twenty two.

They had two children together, Dwayne and Patty Ann. Wayne was twenty one years old and Patty Ann was twelve years old.

Ruth and Jessica were husband and wife for twenty five years before she told Jessica her secret and at first, they went through so much heartache.

Jessica felt angry, confused and just sad that her husband carried this secret for so long and at the time, she felt betrayed. She just couldn't understand.

But, Jessica loved Ruth very much and after some time, Jessica accepted Ruth for who she truly was and decided to save their marriage.

Which brings us to this point in time; it had been a long year of counseling and now, Ruth was able to get her gender reassignment surgery.

Jessica was forty seven and Ruth was forty eight.

"Are you ready Ruth?" Jessica asked as she zipped up her suitcase.
"Yes. I'm ready." Ruth said nervously but excitedly. Ruth was finally going to be complete.

I hope you all liked this first chapter.

I have an idea for this story, however, I'm not sure what to do in between just yet so stay tuned!

Please let me know your thoughts.