Chapter 2

Los Angeles, California

•••••Josh's Perspective

"I hate you."

Ben raised an eyebrow. "No, you don't."

I crossed my arms, scowling at him. "Yes, I do."

Sky rolled his eyes. "I'm pretty sure that there isn't a single person on this planet that you legitimately hate."

"Actually, there is." I shot back. "His name is Benjamin Tyler Cook, and he's a jerk."

"Josh," Ben sighed, rubbing his eyes, "I'm not leaving for another two months."

"Yeah, but you're still leaving!"

"Boys!" Aiden stuck her head through the doorway, an air of urgency about her. "Time to go!"

"I'm still mad at you." I spat at Ben, before walking out into the hallway.

I remained quiet and upset during the short trip from our hotel room to the parking lot, and I didn't even say 'hi' to the birds that like to gather outside in the mulch by the front doors.

We let Aiden drive, since she was the only one of us who was familiar with L.A. traffic, and Sky called shotgun.

Ben and I sat in the back, but I was still determined not to speak to him for the rest of my life, so I sat as close to the door as I could.

The car was completely quiet for a good half of the drive, and we were all well aware that it was my fault.

When we were about a mile from our destination, Aiden finally broke the silence. "Josh, would you please stop pouting?"

"I'm angry!" I retaliated. "I pout when I'm angry!"

"I know you do," she sighed, "but you're hurting Ben's feelings."

Ben furrowed his brow in confusion and started to say, "I'm fine," but he was interrupted by Aiden clearing her throat loudly.

"As I was saying," she continued, glancing at me in the rear-view mirror, "you can't be upset with him forever. Just because he's leaving tour doesn't mean you won't see him anymore."

"I live with you." Ben added. "And I'll visit whenever I can."

I was still scowling, but my anger cooled a bit. "You will?"

He nodded. "I promise."

"Wipe that frown off your sweet little face." Aiden instructed in a motherly tone. "You get to meet a new person today, remember?"

I gasped in remembrance, any trace of pettiness vanishing in an instant. "I forgot about that!"

Sky gave me a puzzled look. "And you didn't wonder why we were leaving the hotel?"

"Well," I shook my head, "no, but Aiden said that we had to leave, so I left."

Aiden shot me a smile. "Atta boy."

She pulled the car into a parking space outside a cafe on the corner of two streets.

"She should be here already." Aiden mumbled under her breath, sliding the car keys into her jacket pocket. "I don't think she had anything going on today."

"Work?" Ben suggested as we stepped inside through the glass door.

She shook her head. "That's why you guys are here."

I tilted my head. "What does that mean?"

"We're making new friends." She said, but her voice told me that she didn't mean it. "Ah, I see her."