Meeting The Young Apprentice

Edited chapter by llamawhowrites. Thanks for the hard work.
💞

-Yunlan-

Time seemed to have stopped once the Ghost Slayer left… Everyone was too shocked to even move a muscle, let alone say anything. It was the first time they had seen the Ghost Slayer both in person and so the impression left on them was simply too great.

“Well, I will be leaving now, I will contact you later…” Chu said, breaking the uncomfortable silence left behind after the sudden departure of the Ghost Slayer. He wasn’t good at dealing with humans to begin with, the only exception being Guo Changcheng, which was the only son of the head monk in the hidden temple serving the underworld, which also served as a secure place of resting for his Honor in times of need.

“No wait! Why the hurry? We have just met and we’ve had the honors of having you introduced to us by the legendary Ghost Slayer himself. He even requested me to accept your help.” Zhao said hurriedly, recovering from his momentary absence of speech.

“I will assist you when in need, but let me warn you now, His Honor is a private man, which means, none of you will ask any type of personal questions about him because I won’t bother to answer any of them, no matter who you are…” Chu warned, while looking directly at Chief Zhao.

Zhao smirked, because despite of not knowing the Ghost Slayer right hand personally, he had the feeling Chu did knew him enough to be sure he will ask as much as he could if given the chance and the secrecy between the two powerful men from the underworld simply sparked his curiosity even more.

“Alright, that’s fine with me…” It was not like the grumpy man was the only one with information about the Ghost Slayer. Someone else is being sent to join the Order and Zhao knew that he would surely have a way around him. As his Chief, he could always try to coerce him to give in the information he need it, because some humans are fragile like that, and oh, he just have so many devious ways to make him talk.

"Then, I will be going now." Chu said not waiting for the common courtesy and just like the Ghost Slayer, he vanish in a cloud of dark smoke.

“That… was so awesome! The Ghost Slayer… such power…” Lin finally said with unconcealed excitement in his words. He has never seen such mastery over ghost fire in all his years as a monk or as a member of the Order. Many who had tried such deed, ended up burning themselves, but the Ghost Slayer controlled it with such precision and ferocity that the hell hounds burned to ashes, while not even a single leaf of grass was singed.

“Yeah… he was something else alright…” Zhu said, while looking at the huge heaps of ashes scattered on the yard. She was actually glad that they didn’t have to get involved in the fight, because no way in hell would they have been able to handle that many hell hounds at the same time.

“Yeah, yeah, he is a big gun alright. Now can we leave? I need to take a nap and I doubt this place will be attacked again in the near future, because right now this place is the safest in the whole country, thanks to the lovesick idiot." Da Qing added while glaring at Zhao. The mention of the lovesick word, make Zhao remember about the handsome professor he ask Lin to escort back to his room.

“Professor Shen…” Zhao suddenly said. He had forgotten about him for a moment, distracted as he was with another impressive man, which was unacceptable, because Professor Shen Wei was without a doubt his favorite. Yunlan took a few steps towards the hall, but the fat cat obstructed his way giving him an annoyed look.