FOURTEEN

"I don't know Frannie

"I don't know Frannie..." I sighed looking in the mirror. "You don't think it's too much?"

"No, girl you look good as fuck."

"Word Deja. I'd fuck you." Anaya said from her bed. I looked over her, giving a straight face and she held her hands up. "What?"

"You need to be stopped."

"Anyway." Fran cut back in. "Mir is taking you to see Beyonce and Jay Z. If you don't fuck him tonight....I will."

Now it was my turn to give Frannie a straight face.

"The both of you. Enough."

"I'm just saying...damn he's good."

"He's really good." Anyah agreed. "Go back to his dorm and put that thang on him, if you come back here ima bully you and call you a loser."

I rolled my eyes, unable to stop myself from kaughing at her as I stepped in front of the mirror. I did look good...I just didn't want to look....naked.

And yes, you heard her right. Damir is taking me to a Beyonce and Jay Z concert. It's our first official....date. I guess you could call it that.

Since we agreed we would give this a shot and do it the "proper" way. He thought it would be fair that he ask me out and take me out.

I know what you prolly thinking..."she's only excited to see Beyonce" meh. Well you'd be wrong. I was more excited to see Jay-Z than anything, I loved Jay-Z and I honestly don't think Damir was ready for how much of a fool I was going to act.

I kept eyeballing myself in the mirror, making sure I looked okay. Frannie had assisted in putting this outfit together and there was skin out. But with the weather, it was appropriate. I just needed to own it.

My phone rang and I turned around to Frannie excitingly handing it to me with a wide grin on her face.

"Who's getting taken out, me or you?"

"Answer the damn phone." She fussed and I took it from her hand.

Sliding to answer I pressed the phone to my ear and rolled my eyes at her. "Hello?"

"Mamas." Damir's voice floated through the phone and I couldn't help but smile. "Imagine just parked in your dorm's lot. Finna come to the door."

"Okay I'm coming down now."

"Igh....you bet not be wearing nun that'll have me fighting niggas."

"Ummm." I said nervously as I looked back in the mirror.

"Oh brother." He said playfully. "Lemme get my brass knuckles out—"