THREE

"What do you want? How'd you even know I was here?"

"Brandon told me he saw you, figured you be at ya parents."

"Oh and now all of a sudden you wanna come around?"

"You fuckin joking. Come around? You moved miles away and never even told me you was fucking knocked up Hazel."

She leaned against the door frame and crossed her arms.

"You were the one not wearing a condom."

"Shit, you was pretty cool with that scenario. It take two people to make a fuckin baby bro."

"Whatever, ion need you. We've been doing fine."

"I don't care watchu been doing. I wanna see my daughter. Cuz the least you could've did was give me an option to be here."

"Why would I do that?"

"Cuz I'm her dad? Why you acting stupid?"

A deep voice called into the backyard and I looked up to see Mr. Gates. I hated that nigga. I don't think he ever liked me that much either. I mean I was fuckin his daughter.

Me and Hazel messed around when we were in high school. She was a never my girlfriend. I was never her boyfriend. That's just what it was.

Senior year, before graduation, she moved away. Without telling me she was pregnant. Blocked my number and everything and then I get screenshots sent to me of a baby that looks just like me.

Like damn, I couldn't get a heads up?

"We got a problem son?" He asked me with that smug ass face of his.

"I do, Id really like to see my kid that I didn't know existed." I grilled Hazel and she rolled her eyes.

Mr. Gates seemed surprised, he looked to his daughter and crossed her arms. "Hazel...you said he knew and that he wanted nothing to do with Melody."

"Bro what?" I said in disbelief. Bitches be lying, on my momma.

She huffed and crossed her arms and stomped her feet. Just like a damn child...and she supposed to be somebody mother.

"He don't deserve me telling him anything Daddy. He did this to me." She whined.

"Wow. So it's my fault?"

"Yes!" She shouted back at me.

"I told you I ain't have no condom, and you did not care. I recall you going "ima just take a Plan B" lying ass—"

"You wouldn't have wanted her anyway."

"You don't know what I would've wanted. Cuz we never talked about it. And here you are back in town and still ain't hit me up. I had to find out you was here from Brandon!"