Reunited

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

My eyes slowly opened, I felt dizzy and I couldn't feel my body. My ears were ringing and my head hurt. I yelped in pain.

Corl: D-Denis?! DENIS! YOU'RE ALIVE!!

Denis: B-Braden? *yelps*

Corl: ITS GOING TO BE OKAY!!! DOCTOR!!!??? HE'S AWAKE!!

Doctor: What!? How?! EVACTUATE THE ROOM AND BRING IN THE SURGERY TEAM NOW!

I was confused. Where am I? I heard something charging up then I felt electricity shoot through my body. I fainted.

(I felt really bad for making him....ya know....so I had to fix it. I didn't know you'd be so sensitive about this. Thanks so much for the support though, everything will get better, I promise!)

Denis's POV

I woke up again. Someone was holding my hand tightly. I could feel tears rolling down my shaking arm. I held the hand tighter. My eye sight focused. It was Corl.

Denis: I-is That y-you, B-Braden?

Corl: Denis! You're still okay!!

I hugged me tightly and I screamed in pain.

Denis: AGHHHH!

He quickly stopped.

Corl: I'm so sorry...

Denis: It's...f-fine...

I looked around. I was in a hospital room. I had casts on my legs, arms and torso. Everything, broken.

Denis: W-what happened to m-me?

Corl: You Umm...you fell off a building.

I then remembered everything. I slipped and fell.

Denis: A-are you o-okay?

Corl: I'm fine Denis! You're not....this is all my fault. Why did I trust Biff?!

Corl started to cry.

Denis: I-it's Okay....it w-was a b-bit of a c-crazy story...

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I was alive and that's all that mattered. A doctor walked into the room.

Doctor: Denis?

Denis: Y-Yeah?

Doctor: Wow...you are so lucky to be alive....

Denis: I kn-know *yelp*

Doctor: Yeah...it will hurt for a while...

Denis: I-I'll be f-fine...

Doctor: Hopefully you will. I have some pain killers here if you would like to take some.

Denis: Y-Yes please...

The doctor gave me a tablet and a glass of water. I let go of corls hand and took it.

Denis: Th-thank you...

Doctor: It's fine! We have completed surgery on you so you might not be able to walk for a while. I suggest you stay in bed for today and then tomorrow, you will have physio to strengthen your bones and muscles again. You have been in hospital for 2 weeks so you will be getting your casts taken off in the morning.

Wait...I'd been unconscious for 2 weeks!? No wonder Corl thought I was dead! At least i hadn't done any damage to my brain.

Denis: Okay...th-thanks.

I grabbed corls hand again.

Doctor: It's fine! Is it okay if you get visitors in a bit?

Denis: Y-Yeah, I guess...

Doctor: Okay, I will be back later.

The doctor left the room.

Corl: I thought you was gone.

Denis: I thought you was gone, when you left me for Biff.

Corl: Yeah, I'm so sorry about that....he's been sentenced for 10 years so we won't see him any time soon.....

Corl started to cry again.

Denis: Shhh...it's o-Okay.

Corl smiled at me. He had a piece of paper in his hand.

Denis: W-what's That?

I looked at the paper.

Corl: Oh. I hope you don't mind but I borrowed your poem. It reminded me that if you did go, you still loved me.

(Okay...no joke but I'm crying while writing this.)

Denis: And I a-always have.

I smiled and slowly wiped the tears off Corls face. 

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Corl: Come in!

The door opened. In came Ethan, Elijah, Alex and Sub.

Elijah: YOU'RE OKAY!!!

Ethan: I CAN FINALLY BREATH AGAIN!

Denis: H-hey, g-guys....

Alex: Woah...this looks serious...

Sub: Are you okay?

Denis: N-not really....

Everyone sighed.

Ethan: We are so sorry, we shouldn't have left you alone.

Elijah: We should have helped you instead of just saying it would get better.

Alex: We were bad friends.

Sub: To both of you.

All: We are so sorry.

Denis: G-guys, I-it's Fine. I'm o-okay.

We talked for a bit and I started to feel better. It was 9pm, everyone had left except Corl and I had to go to sleep. Corl was sleeping on the chair next to me because he refused to leave me alone in the night.

Corl: Good night Dingo....I'm glad you're okay.

Denis: I am too. Good night Puppy.

Corl kissed my lips softly and I fell asleep holding Corls hand.