"That's not true." Iris said quickly, not holding eye contact.

"It is Iris. You're scared because of what everyone says about me and you're finding every excuse to not give us a fair chance." I spoke, trying to keep calm.

"There is no us, Sergio. It's just not meant to be." And with those words still echoing in my head, Iris made her exit.

I quickly followed her downstairs and out to my front door. "Iris come on, just give me a chance." I practically begged.

She stuck her hand out to keep my at arm's length. "Enough Sergio, it's just not the right time." She said softly, turning to head out.

"Then when is the right time?" I asked, a glimmer of hope still in my voice.

Iris turned and looked at me sadly. "I don't know." She practically whispered before walking off.

I yelled after her, but she never turned around. I even watched her drive off, hoping she would come back, but she didn't.

***

"Iker I just don't get what I did wrong this time." I said in a sad tone as we headed to our cars after training.

"What happened, like the whole story?" He asked as we stopped at his car.

"She called saying that she needed a place to stay. I said yes and sent Ana home before she got there. We had a drink, I showed her the suit you picked out for the wedding, and we hooked up." I said looking at my friend for any facial cues that what I did was wrong.

"What do you mean you hooked up?" Iker asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"Okay well we didn't have sex. We just made out a lot and I fingered her. It's so high school I know, but I didn't think us having sex right after her breakup was a good idea.." I shrugged. "So we just cuddled and went to bed afterwards, she wore my shirt and it was amazing." I added, looking at Iker, hiding my feelings of sadness and rejection.

"And this morning she just flipped on you?" He asked to make sure he got the story right.

I nodded, "yeah we kissed and then she pushed me away, talking about how all we had between us was lust and it wasn't the right time." I spoke, looking down at my shoes.

"You know what the worst part is?" I glanced back up at Iker who prompted me to continue. "I was so ready for it all. I woke up thinking about what we were gonna make for breakfast and how the day was gonna go. I'd call her after training and we'd hang out. I was ready to take it all slow with her but be by her side while she worked through everything. I was excited about a girl for once and she just crushed it all while she still had my t shirt on." I confessed, not embarrassed but upset.

"I know how you feel about her." Iker said, pulling me in for a quick hug. "We'll fix this. It's going to work out." He added, trying to be supportive.

"I don't think so, I want her, and I really thought she felt the same. I'm just confused and I'm hurt. I wasted so much time." I practically mumbled, still feeling the emotions of this morning. "It just sucks because I thought I did everything right this time." I said quietly.

I had to let her go, at least for now. Iris didn't seem to want much of anything to do with me. I guess I would just back off for a while. There was only a month until the wedding anyways, I'd see her soon, maybe by then she'd be better.

***

Iris's POV:

I know, I freaked. I messed up, but what else was I supposed to do? I couldn't just let him think everything was okay, it wasn't.