Chapter 5: Named

A/N I stopped indenting long ago. I'm just too lazy. Also, make sure to check out my sister's account @haymelon123. Ok. Back to the story!

Colleen's POV

As Noah showed her her room, Erik and I shared a look that said, We did it! We pecked each other's lips and sat down on the couch.

"What should we name our little daughter?" Erik asked.

"I was thinking Lily, but I want a name passed down," I answered

"I don't think a lot of the names are fit for her." Why don't we take half of a family member's name and add it to a name we like," Erik suggested.

"Great idea," I murmured. I've been thinking about naming her after a flower. Flower names are beautiful."

"What about Sunflower?" Erik asked, humor showing in his hazel eyes.

"No! I like Rose," I argued.

We argued for a while. I think this was one of our first arguments.

Girl's POV

I walked to where Colleen and Erik were sitting. They were arguing over flower names. I walked up to them slowly.

"Colleen?" I said nervously. "What are you-"

"Don't call me Colleen, sweetie," she said sweetly. "You can call me mom." She paused. "And you can call Erik dad." 

My heart melted. "Ok!" I responded, my spirits risen. "What are you talking about?" I persisted.

"W-we are trying to find you a name," mom said slowly. 

I overheard half their conversation so I knew they what they were arguing about. Without thinking, I said, "Rose. I like Rose. It's a good name."

"See?" teased mom. "I want don't just want Rose, I want a name passed down from another generation."

"I like your name," I said to mom. "I think Roseleen would be a good name."

Mom's eyes widened. "I love that name. I guess that will be your name, if you want it."

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "I love that name!"

So, my mom signed a whole bunch of papers, and from now on, I would be known as Roseleen Mae Ballinger.

Finally named! Now I don't have to call her girl! Also, I'm pretty sure you've noticed Roseleen acts way more mature than a five-year-old. Just saying, her birthday is on November 14, 2020. Don't worry, she'll get less mature soon. :D

                                                                                                   -Hayley