Pumpkin Spice (And Everything Nice)

Start from the beginning

"But you shouldn't have to!"

"I don't have to. I'm choosing to."

"But--"

I hold up my hand, silencing him. "Go find us a table. I'm going to surprise you with a drink."

His eyes narrow. "You aren't secretly plotting to poison me are you?" He teases.

I roll my eyes. "I'm getting us both the same drink."

"You could still poison one." He smirks.

I roll my eyes. "Fine. Then when I get back you can pick which drink you want, and I'll have the other one."

"...This sin't going to be some Princess Bride stuff is it?" He raises an eyebrow.

A laugh escapes my lips. "Go get a table you dork." I give him a small shove.

Laughing, he turns to go search for a table.

I turn around, huffing while smiling, and walk up to the barista.

"Hello," a ginger haired boy in his late teens greets me. His name tag reads 'Fred'.

"Hello," I smile.

"Would you like to try our fall favourite Pumpkin Spice Latte?" He asks.

I think for a moment. "Are they any good?"

He grins. "I would definitely recommend them."

"I'll take two."

"Great. Can I get a name?"

........................................................................................................................

I find Peter sitting at a small table in the corner of the shop. Right next to the window, which shows the sunny October day. He looks up at me and grins. I return the smile as I sit down across from him.

"Where are the drinks?" He asks. "Not to be rude, sorry."

I giggle, "you're not being rude, Peter. Relax. They're still making the drinks. They'll call my name when it's ready."

"Oh, ok."

"Order for 'The Incredible Bad-ass Inventor Queen Extraordinaire'." The barista calls out from around the corner.

I turn to Peter smirking, who is already looking at me knowingly. "That's you I take it?" He asks.

My smirk widens. "You know me too well." I stand up and head over to the counter, where the ginger haired barista is waiting, patiently holding two Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

"Here you are, Miss Inventor Queen Extraordinaire." Fred grins as he hands the drinks to me.

"Thanks, Fred." I smile genuinely. "You rock."

"I know." He shrugs, grinning. "You better come back here again, you're definitely the most interesting customer I've ever had."

I shrug grinning, "I know."

When I told Fred what name to write down for me, he laughed and eagerly went along with it, and it lead to a conversation. We talked for a while, about random stuff. He mentioned his huge family, and that he had an identical twin brother. I mentioned being an only child, and how I was home schooled most of my life.

"Must've been kinda lonely," he said.

"It was a little," I admitted, "but my dad's awesome. It was fun for him to teach me."

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Yup. Now tell me more about your family. I gotta say I'm curious. Tell me about your brother." I smile.