Hearing this, Ah-Ruo was so shocked, she forgot to even cry, whilst Consort Yi glances at He Lian Chen with complex feelings and then turns and leaves. Ah-Ruo also directs her pitiful eyes at He Lian Chen when she sees this, then prepares to hold Consort Yi's hand to leave together, but Consort Yi just slowly moves aside and avoids her hand, her back straight yet slightly shaky.

I cannot hold back the mocking smile that surges up my heart, look at that, this usually proud and arrogant woman is also just a pitiful person right now, who is the strong, who is the weak, who is the winner, and who is the loser?

Throughout the ages, between hate and pity, good people and bad people, what clear dividing line is there?

Just when I was absentmindedly watching those two people's leaving figures, a burst of pain comes from my arm, followed by He Lian Chen pulling me into his embrace. He lowers his head and looks dead at me, handsome face carrying suppressed anger, "You're very bold, to actually drop all of zhen's snacks?!"

His furious tone, and the question coming from his mouth, doesn't match up, I don't have the mind to go thinking about what exactly he's angry with, only calmly saying: "This servant was clumsy, may your majesty spare me."

The force in He Lian Chen's hands strengthens, the gold in his eyes slightly flashing, "Spare you? Then can you tell zhen what you were angry at just now?"

I tacitly smile, "Afraid your majesty had seen wrong, how could this servant be angry, this servant's hands had just carelessly trembled."

Hearing this, He Lian Chen instantly raises my chin, the gold in his eyes becoming more and more apparent, "An Ke Lan, don't play games with zhen, you don't dare to say it, then how about zhen say it for you?"

I deliberately act puzzled as I look at him, "Your majesty's meaning is?"

He Lian Chen lowers his head to meet my eyes, at such a close distance that his eyelashes practically brushes my face when he blinks. He word by word says: "Did you just think of Yuwen Rui and your imperial sister just now?"

I'm slightly stunned upon hearing this, Yuwen Rui and Imperial Sister?

In the next second, I come to understand what he's saying. That's true, the roles He Lian Chen and the Consort Yi sisters had just played out, just happens to neatly match I and Yuwen Rui. as well as Imperial Sister, for He Lian Chen to be able to immediately think of this, it sure is reasonable. Although what I was thinking of just now, wasn't this, but this explanation of his, sure renders me unsure of how to respond.

In the small moment I had fallen silent, He Lian Chen had already grown impatient, he slips his arm around my waist and lifts me up, just like that, I was hanging in his embrace. His thick brows tightly knit together, tone carrying pressure like the calm before the storm, "You like that cousin of yours that much?"

I half lower my eyes and say: "En." Since he is willing to think this way, then he can continue with this misunderstanding.

He Lian Chen is not angered and instead laughs, "Like? What use is there for you to like him?" He pastes himself right against my ear, slowly speaking with ill intent: "Zhen shall tell you some good news, that cousin of yours is happily preparing the wedding ceremony with your imperial sister right now, in less than a few days, he'll be Yun Mi's imperial consort. Say, when that time comes, will he still remember you - this cousin of his?"

My breathing slightly lags, continue to speak calmly: "Will remember if he wishes, will forget if he wishes not to." It is as simple as that.

"You sure are very open-minded." He Lian Chen coldly harrumphs, pulling back from my face as he says with a pressing tone: "An Ke Lan, even if you are a princess of Yun Mi, right now, you are just someone by zhen's side, zhen wants your eyes, heart and mind to only contain zhen, and not the one who had forgotten about you to prepare to get married."