Chapter 6: Journey Prep

En başından başla

"Is it because they behave differently from what you expected? Or is it possible that, due to what you've been through, you can't trust yourself in interacting with others?"

"I can chat with people just fine. The problem is, trust is something many forget to value. I mean, if people exaggarate themselves, don't they lose the chance to develop useful relationships?"

"That may be, but doing that lets them be themselves, even if they cause a crime. Being overly disciplined can also backfire anyone. How else can Pokémon and humans have some fun if they act firm all the time?"

"Time and place?"

"There's more than that, but you aren't totally wrong about it."

"I guess we all could cut some slack. No guarantees, though."

"That's for sure."

Upon her investigation of Pikachu's way of thinking, Mawile becomes more fascinated by what he believes in. She never thought that Pokémon and humans had such a deep similarity, one that defines the individual in relationship to his or her society. Mawile recalls a conversation she had with her mother, where the chieftess discussed the variation of values between humans of identical backgrounds. It sparked Mawile's interest in human lifestyles, and watching Pikachu's interactions fueled her curiousity like an academic researcher that discovered previously unknown information about a renowned literary figure.

Two minutes pass, and Espeon enters the living room with a teal camping bag ln her back. Her two daughters mark their presence shortly after. With all five Pokémon present, Epseon starts to describe a nomadic plan that, whether she fully knew or not, would define their futures:

"Okay, darlings. My daughters and I had a quick chat about what we're gonna do after we leave this den, so I'll bring you up to speed."

"Go on."

"Sylveon is to go with Flareon in search of their fourteen siblings, in hopes of building a new town for Pokémon to settle. They, of course, will be on the lookout for those purple foes."

"And you, Espeon?"

"I'm still living up to my offer of forming a team with you two. Wherever you and Pikachu go, I'll be with you. Don't worry too much about my girls; they'll do just fine."

"You guys packed enough stuff, right?"

"We did, Mawile, we did. Mom had me and Sylvy pick out all the stuff in the pantry that we needed and split up the resources evenly so that we have enough. We can always hunt for more if we need to."

"Well, you better not do something stupid out fhere in the wild."

"Of course we won't, Pikachu! Flare and I keep each other in check all the time. You just make sure Mom is okay."

"Sounds fair, I guess."

"So, Mom, where do you want us to go?"

"Shizuoka Village should be a kilometer or two southeast of Neo Treasure. It's one of the few places where the purple figures haven't invaded yet. Why not start there?"

"That's a good idea."

"I'll accompany Mawile and Pikachu en route to Açai Town up north. I know an underground shortcut through the Wigglytuff Guild that takes us to a small grassland not far from the town entrance."

"A shortcut?"

"You'll see once we get there!"

"Fine, then."