Carlo didn't want to ask Mika anything because he knew it made him sound like a fucking pussy.

He wanted to grab Serena and take her home, never leaving his room. He wanted to show her exactly how he could treat her. Like his fucking queen. If she only showed up.

“You want to go meet Aunt Lara, now?” Mika asked, pulling Carlo out of his thoughts.

Carlo looked at Mika who sorted the papers out.

“Am I free to go now?” he asked. 

It was a very vulnerable question he asked, but he needed to know that he was free. That he was allowed to be back into the world and to be set free and to experience things like other fuckers could. He wanted to be free.

Mika stood up, and grinned at him.

“You're free, Boss,” Mika said

“Come here, you fucker,” Carlo muttered, and hugged him tightly.

He missed those words. He was so happy to be free and he wanted to spend it with the people he cared about most.

“Drive me to mom first,” Carlo told him and Mika nodded.

Carlo was free. He was finally fucking free.

**

Serena was late. She knew that as soon as she reached the reception and they told her that he had already left.

She couldn't get her shoes on properly. Her hands were shaking.

Serena sat back inside her car, and groaned.

She wanted to meet him here but she was too late.

Her phone rang, and she looked at it. It was Mika so she picked it up.

“I'm on my way. I missed him, Mika, but I'll be there in 10 minutes,” She sighed into the phone.

You didn't miss me, gattina. I'm right here. I came back,” Carlo’s voice floated through the phone and she grinned, sitting up properly.

“You're here?” She asked and he chuckled.

You really do need to look at your surroundings more,” She listened to his voice.

She opened her door and stepped out the car as she noticed him standing next to the black gate, all alone.

“Where were you?” She asked him quietly.

I went to go meet my mom. Are you going to give me a kiss or do I have to steal one?” Carlo asked, and she noticed the smirk on his face.

She missed that smirk.

She ended the call and walked towards him. She took her extra time, making Carlo frown.

She stopped in front of him as he glared down at her.

“I wanted a kiss two minutes ago. Now I want something else,” Carlo said, letting the air flow through his hair.

He loved the feeling of it. He would even love it if it there was thunder. He would still fucking love it. He would fucking love everything.

“What do you want?” She asked, staring up at him.

She didn't know if she should jump him in public or just keep it for the room.

“This,” Carlo mumbled, wrapping his right hand around her waist, and pulling her towards her, his lips meeting hers, half way. Serena loved the feeling of their lips moving in sync, as she tasted the mint in his mouth, his tongue invading her mouth. She didn't want it to go too far because she knew they wouldn't stop.

She pulled back a little, breathing in the air, as Carlo rested his forehead on hers.

“I fucking love you,” He whispered quietly, taking in a deep breath.

He had said it. He wanted to say it. He wanted to tell her that she had found a place in his fucking heart and she was going to be superglued there. He fell in love with his fucking queen.

Serena smirked.

“What did you say?” She asked just to make sure she heard it right.

“Shut the fuck up. Don't make me repeat it again,” He rolled his eyes, as he ran his thumb over her bottom lip.

“I fucking love you too,” Serena grinned at him and he chuckled.

“Don't get all sappy on me, gattina. I've got the whole night to hear sappy shit,” He told her.

She smirked up at him.

“We could miss it all, and just head back to my place…” She left the words hanging in the air.

“It's a good thing, I stole these,” Carlo dangled a pair of handcuffs in front of her.

She laughed, and leaned up to kiss him again.

She was definitely using the handcuffs on him tonight.

Life was fucking perfect.

●●●●●
The end.