Hanji x Reader: New Girl in Town

(Hey all! I know it's been a while since I've updated, and unfortunately I don't have a reason besides laziness. I have been drawing a lot though, and my drawing has actually kinda taken off online. I'm proud of myself. Not for my Wattpad progress though. Anyway, please enjoy the story! This one's gonna be fun to write.)

Request: @Heichou_Girl for the idea

@Yandere_Mikasa for the gender.

_________________________________________________________________

You stared out the passenger side window. the car was zooming past a giant field. You sighed. Of course your new house had to be out in the middle of nowhere. Of course.

"You don't need to look too excited." You heard your mom say. You rolled your eyes.

You shifted to look at your mom.

"Why out here? There's not an actual mall or any civilization within a hundred miles." You turned back to the window. "You had to take the job..." You mumbled.

"Hey, don't talk like that. Just so you know, because I'm an amazing mother, I did some research about the area. There's a little mall with a manga shop in it." You perked up. You may not have friends, or neighbors, or really anything where you were moving to, but at least you had manga.

"And also," Your mother brought your attention back to her. "It's on the way. If you want I can drop you off and shop for about an hour. How does that sound?"

A rare smile appeared on your lips and you nodded furiously. Your mom smiled too. at least there was a little excitement now.

•••••

"Okay, I'll be back at two. Just stay in the shop and text me if you want to go home earlier, okay?" You nodded, but seriously doubted the chance of a text. An hour in a manga store was barely any time.

As soon as your mom walked away you turned around and looked at the beauty of the manga.

Wow, you thought. This is a pretty impressive collection for such a small shop.

You looked over at a display in the center of the store. There was the entire Fairy Tail collection (so far).

Yes!! Score!! You thought. Fairy Tail was the manga you were completely in love with. You speed-walked over to the display and picked up the second to last book. This was the one you were reading.

"We just got a new book from that series." You heard a bored voice say. You looked up.

It was the guy behind the cashier's desk. He was really short and had raven hair. He looked at you like you were just the most boring person in the entire world.

"Oh... Actually, this is the one I haven't-" You were cut off by a scream and suddenly you were knocked over. You shut your eyes but when you opened them a goofy-looking face was staring at you with a big smile.

"You like Fairy Tail too?! You do, don't you! Shorty doesn't like it, he thinks Lucy is stupid. But I love every character!! What about you?! Who's your favorite character?! Mine's Loke!! I know he's a ladies man but he's so good at fighting!! What about you?! Huh?! Huh?!" The goofy face said. At this point you were so confused why you were on the ground and who this person was and what she even said. She was talking at a million miles per hour.

"Umm... What?" The girl took a deep breath and you could tell she was going to start all over again until the bored cashier yelled.

"Jeez four-eyes, don't scramble her brain. Get off of her." The girl have a menacing glare to the cashier before getting off of you and helping you up.

"Okay, I'm sorry for knocking you down. I just don't see many Fairy Tail fans." She said. She pushed her thick glasses further onto the bridge if her nose before smiling.

"I'm Hanji." She said. She grabbed your hand with both if hers and shook it furiously.

"What's your name?" She said, still holding your hand.

"I'm... ____." Hanji smiled bigger and started talking again, but you weren't listening. You were taking in her features. Glasses, brown hair in a ponytail, fairly tall, soft brown eyes, a generally cute attitude. You smiled. Not just pretty but cute too.

So, you liked girls. That wasn't much if a big deal, for you at least. Whenever you told people in your old town they looked at you like you were a giant man-eating monster with a grotesque smile. So you kept your sexuality to yourself and didn't really tell anyone that you were a lesbian. If they wanted to know, they'd find out themselves.

You turned to the short one. He was wearing a little green vest that said Manga Ninja on it, labeling him an employee. You glanced at his name tag. It read, "Levi Ackerman". You stared at his hair for a little. It was kinda weird... It turned almost purple under the fluorescent lighting. You were contently staring until you heard Hanji shout.

"YOU AREN'T FALLING FOR SHORTY, ARE YOU ___?!?!" She looked horrified.

"No... I, uh... don't really... roll that way." You said. You can't believe you told Hanji. More weird looks from this town too. Great. Just what you needed.

You braced yourself for ridicule.

Instead you heard a sigh.

Hanji was smiling even bigger than before.

"Thank god... You're so cute and I thought I lost you to shorty." You felt a blush rise on your cheeks. You could barely hear Levi call Hanji 'shitty glasses'.

"W-what?" You said. Your blush still hadn't left your cheeks.

"Well, it's just that you're so cute and I was afraid you were gonna be another Levi fangirl." Suddenly she let out an 'ah' and reached her hand into your jacket pocket. Instead of doing something, you froze at the very notion of Hanji putting her hand in your pocket. She pulled out your phone and did some fast typing. She then handed it back to you and smiled.

"My number's in there. I have to go now, so you have you promise to call me." Hanji held up her pinky with a very serious expression, like linking pinkies was the only way the world wouldn't end. You smiled and hooked your pinky finger around hers.

"Good. You can't break that one!" Hanji turned on her heel and skipped out of the store. You were still blushing. You pulled out your phone and unlocked it. A new contact was on the screen. You looked at the name and almost fell down again.

It said, "Future Girlfriend".

Okay, so maybe this town isn't all that bad.

(Oh boy! That was so much fun to write!! I'm really glad I got to write that. I really enjoy thinking of Hanji in a Manga shop. She'd know the plot of every series the store would have. Or in my opinion she would. So awesome! Who wouldn't want a girlfriend like Hanji?

Until my next one shot, keep reading!)