Christa x Reader: Full of Surprises

(Here's a Christa x reader. I kinda bag on religion in this one. Well, I don't, Christa does. By the way, I'm sorry if I'm spelling that wrong. Correct me if that's the case. This is also in the present-I'll go back to AOT time next one-shot, I think. Anyway, in this Christa's really religious so that gives you a little backstory. Enjoy!)

____________________________________________

You slowly drove past Christa's house. It had been a while since you last spoke to her. Every time you thought about what had happened you had to bite back tears. It hurt even to look at her house. You couldn't help but remember.

"Christa... I know this hoes against everything you believe in... but I love you." You said. You couldn't believe you said it. You confessed to Christa only to have your heart broken. You were both girls. It wasn't natural. You looked at Christa's big blue eyes, frozen in a combination of terror and hatred.

"Get out of my house, ____." She said. Her voice cracked from the emotion she was experiencing. You could imagine-her best friend was betraying her, almost, by loving her in a sinful way. You weren't religious, but Christa would only follow god.

"Christa..."

"GET OUT!! DON'T COME BACK!!" She screamed at you. You didn't know why you told her. It only brought you pain.

You pursed your lips as a single tear trailed down your cheek. You couldn't be crying when you got to the store. You wiped your tear away quickly and glanced at the list your mom had made you.

Milk, cheese, orange juice, cereal, tissues.

Simple enough. You drove into the parking lot of the small grocery store and parked. After locking your car you strode into the store and began your shopping. You filled your hand basket with everything your mom asked for, plus a couple extra things for you. A Milky Way, some chips and a Dr. Pepper. You were making your way to the cashier registers when something caught your eye in the produce isle.

Christa had a cart and was pushing it along, looking between luncheon meats and a little list. You froze. You wanted to speak to her, to call her name, but you also wanted to run and hide from her. But you did neither. You just watched her look from paper to product.

She looked beautiful.

She always had, but since you hadn't seen her for a long time she looked even more gorgeous than usual. Her blonde hair was so shiny and bright. Her eyes glowed with happiness, though they did look dimmer than usual. Her skin was pale as the moon but that just added to her beauty. You were struck dead every time you saw her.

And then she turned and saw you. She held your wide-eyed gaze, giving you one of her own. You expected her to turn away, to run, to scream, to break your heart even more. She just stared.

It was you who turned and ran. You dropped your basket and ran all the way to your car. You thought you heard Christa call out to you, but you knew it was just you. Christa didn't love you. And you were so broken you didn't know if you still could feel love.

You drove home in tears. You didn't even know why. Was it Christa? Was it you? Were you simply remembering what happened? Thinking about it only made you shed more tears. You couldn't go home like this, so instead you went to the cliff.

The cliff was the place you and Christa used to go as kids for picnics and just for playdates. It had been both your favorite spot ever since you first became friends, when you were five. You were sixteen now.

You had lost your best friend. You weren't getting her back.

It was ten minutes of sobbing and sadness before you got to the cliff. It overlooked the ocean, which looked beautiful today. The sun had just begun to set, casting orange and pink shades on the sea. It was a breathtaking view and had taken your mind off of Christa. You had gotten out of your car and sat amongst the flowers on edge of the cliff. You closed your eyes.

You daydreamed of being a bird so you could fly away from all your problems. You wished the wind could take you away from the sadness, this town, Christa. Even though she rejected you and hated you, you still loved her so much. Why did you have to live such a nightmare?

"Mind if I join you?" A gentle voice said. You turned and saw Christa standing with a bible in her hand, the wind slightly blowing her long skirt. You were dumbstruck as Christa took a seat next to you and stared out at the ocean.

"I've been thinking. If god loves everyone, how can he forbid love between two of the same gender? He loves you and me and if you love me he should respect that." Christa looked over at you. "I don't believe he loves if he forbids love."

"Christa... What are you saying?" You were extremely confused.

"When I told you to go, to leave my house, it wasn't because I hate you for being the way you are. It's because I needed to think. I needed to think of what I believe in and what I don't. I discovered everything I told you and that one rule, the one against gays, that rule is ridiculous!" She said, big blue eyes digging into your (e/c) eyes.

"I'm still not following you." You said. You watched as slowly, happiness returned to Christa's eyes. A blush appeared on her face.

"____... I love you!" She said. Life seemed to go zooming to her everything. She even made the flowers look brighter. You could hardly believe this outburst, though.

"Christa, you don't have to do this to make me feel better. I understand you don't love me the way I love you. This is against your religion!" You said, trying to comfort Christa. Instead of calming down, Christa jumped to her feet.

"I'M NOT DOING IT FOR YOU!!" She screamed. She took one glance at her bible before throwing it as hard as she could into the ocean. You were frozen stuff with shock.

"I'm doing I because I love you and nothing can change my mind! Not god striking me down, not my family, not my church, not you! Of god loves me he made me this way on purpose because I was destined to love you! I don't care what my religion says! Clearly everything in the bible is all wrong! All of it! It doesn't know a damn thing because god loves everyone for who they are and it just so happens I'm a lesbian and e still loves me!!" Tears began to stream down Christa's face. "He loves me for loving you and I will not stop loving you! I will love you until the day I die!!"

You stood up and held he shoulders. She looked up at you, tears still streaming down we face. You were shocked at her outburst, but even more shocked when Christa Renz kissed you on the cliff in the flowers after throwing her bible into the ocean.

She pulled away and you smiled.

"God damn. I love you too, Christa." She didn't even wince at your use of "god damn". You put your arm around her shoulder and watched the sun set. She leaned into you and put her hand around your waist. It surprised you.

"You're full of surprises today, aren't you?" You said. She laughed and gazed up at you lovingly. You kissed her on the head. You finally felt like yourself again-meaning you felt love stronger than you had ever felt anything before that moment of watching the sun set behind the waves.

"I love you ____."

"I love you Christa."

(Okay, I found that extremely cute. I'm pretty proud of myself... *smirks* (Jean: hey! only I get to smirk!) I'm currently working on some cover art for this chapter-it's going slowly, but I plan to make it pretty detailed. It'll be on my Instagram, Voidkidsmirked. More one-shots tomorrow.)