Chapter T>H>I>R>T>E>E>N

"Sure." I shrug while ringing up Bonnie's things. "Really?" She grins at me.

"Hell no," I bag her things.  "That'll be 12.99." I stare at her. "It's only suppose to be nine dollars plus tax." She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Wow, Bonnie. Nice to know that you take math classes." I sarcastically smiled at her. "It will be 12.99." My face went back to being emotionless.

She sighed and gave me the money before taking her things and walking away. "Hey, you didn't want your recipe?!" I yelled after her with a mocking laugh.

"What was that about?" I heard from next to me. I turn to see my colleague, Lola.  "What was what about?" I asked pretending like I didn't know what she was talking about.

"With that customer. Was everything okay?" She furrows her eyebrows. "I have no idea what you're talking about." I pat her shoulder before going down the isle to straighten up.

~~~~~~~~~<(^•^)>~~~~~~~~~

It is late about 10:45 p.m. Turns out that all the new workers have to close up. We all have one person with us as a partner. Don't ask why, but we do. When one works the other one works and vise versa. My partner had a day off. In my bosses words, that was really my partners, said that he wanted to be free before he gets tied down.

I'm an awesome person to be tied down to, mind you. I take off my apron and place it in my locker before grabbing my book bag with my uniform in it. I quickly put it on my back before heading to the front.

I turn off all the lights and closed the doors behind me. I lock the doors and start my way back home.

After a while of walking, I feel a breeze next to me. "We need to talk." I hear the British voice I came to like but dislike at the same time. Don't ask how.

I told you not to ask how. Okay, I'll tell you. I like it because it's cute. I don't like it because it belongs to the most annoying, arrogant, psychotic, rude, handsome, beautiful- Mikaelson! Ignore the compliment part. But I prefer Elijah or Klaus.

"No, you need to talk, and I need to not care." I pick up my pace. "Come on Valentine, this is the thirteenth chapter." Kol sighed following behind me. I paused and I turned towards him angrily.

"The thirteenth chapter?!" I poke his chest with my finger. "Do you think this is some book to you?! Leave me alone Kol. I can't deal with you." I huff about to turn around but I can't. I want to but I can't.

I can't because he grabbed my arm. I'm tired of people thinking I'm a rag doll. I don't want to be swung around! Geez. People these days.

"What?" I hissed at him before looking him in the eye. "Just," he sighed redirecting his eyes. "Stop walking in the dark alone. It's dangerous." He pulled his hand away and placed both of them in his pockets.

I raised an eyebrow. "That's it?" He nodded. "As much as I enjoyed the bloodshed, I prefer for you to be left untouched. Unless it's me." I gave him a dirty look.

"Place one finger on me and we're going to have to fight." I looked him up and down before walking away from him. I heard Kol chuckle. "You keep me going, darling." I turn to him to see his back to me.

"Well?" Kol turned back to me and raised an eyebrow. "What is it?" He asked. "Aren't you going to walk me home?" He looked taking back. "Do I happen to be growing on you?" He gave me a smirk.

"No," I hand a smirk right back to him. "You're the one who told me not to walk in the dark." I start to walk back the way I was headed.

"Do you miss them at all?" He asked next to me. "Miss who?" I shook myself out of the thought of the Mikaelson's as anime characters.

"Your family?" I think about the question. "A little bit." I shrug my shoulders and adjust my bag. "A little? You've been away for nearly three months." He kept his eyes on me. "Yeah, but I'm use to being alone by now. I just miss Veron. He's the only one who really calls me." I stare ahead.

"Is He the one who was trying to get into my sister's pants?" He chuckled. That chuckle. I shake my head. "No, he tried getting into her DM's." I laugh lightly.

"How have you been with all the supernatural crap?" He asked another question right as we made our way in front of my current home. "That's a question for another day. See ya." I smile slightly before jogging up the porch stairs.

When I got into the house, I watched Kol from the window. I seen him smile a ghost smile to himself before he disappeared. Guess I now know that two of the most 'dangerous' Mikaelson's can smile. That makes Elijah the silent but deadly type. Oooh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that night, I received a FaceTime call from Veron. "How was your day, twinnie?"  He asked as soon as my face popped up on his screen.

"Eh." I shrug it off while jumping on my bed after a shower. "What about you?" I asked him. "I went out with some soccer buddies." He told me. "Tomorrow I have a working partner." I pout. He chuckled. "I'm sure it will be fine." He playfully bumps the screen.

"I miss having you around." I sigh to myself. "I miss you too Len. What's been going on? You're not usually so sad." He furrows his eyebrows. "A guy.. I don't know how I feel for him. I met him the first day I got here." I start off my rant as he listens. "He's a total cutie. But no one can beat Jordan Conner unless they're BTS." I smirk. "Just continue your rant." He rolled his eyes.

"Well, he's arrogant, rude, psychotic. All the bad things you can think of, but he has a good heart." Veron squinted at me through the screen. "Wait. How is psychotic a good heart?! Run BISH! He is going to kill you!! Dad made me read about this sociopath who killed his family. Psychotic people are not good for you! Especially when you're already crazy!" I glare at him.

"I am not crazy. Is dad making you read those witch history things again? Okay, psychotic may not be good, but would it help if I told you He is Rebekah's sibling?" I ask sheepishly. "I mean if he looks anything like Rebekah, I say go for it! Wait. No. Don't go for it. If you end up with him, it will be weird if I married Rebekah." He started to think.

I shook my head. "Its not like she's going to be family by blood." I roll my eyes. "But it's still weird." He pointed out. "Bye Ronnie. I'm going to bed." I laugh with a huge smile. "I love my baby sister's smile." He took a Live Photo.

"I'm posting this. I love you Len. Sweet Dreams." He smiles back at me. "Love you Ronnie, Sweet Dreams of me!" He playfully rolled his eyes before hanging up.

Only six more long months to go before I get to be with him again. But until then, I have to figure out this Kol situation. I sigh dramatically while kicking my feet. "Fug you Kol Mikaelson!" I yell in frustration because of my confusion.