Someone In The Dark (Personal Favourite)

Based off of the song: Someone In The Dark.
Also, this is by FAR my favourite work thus far. I hope you enjoy this as much I did making it❤️

Jackson's Era: 1975

It felt as if my lungs were failing. Each breath I took was so sharp and cold, that it caused tears to brim. The only part of my body that felt warm was my cheeks; embarrassed and flushed. Besides the tears, besides the physical pain, all I could feel was my emotional wounds. My heart felt as if Garru Rafa fish were eating away the decaying and affected parts of my heart, just as they would your hands and feet. It felt as if the abundant noise that surrounded me was silenced by the noise of my self pity, my thoughts were corrupted. It's a hard thing to express-the emotion I felt.

As I look back, I realize the immense amount of insecurities I had, some of which still remain today. My sensitive soul was battered and bruised by own doing-I shouldn't have been surprised when someone else chose to swing their bat at me and join the torment. But I was.

"You're not Michael Jackson, what really?" The woman said with astonishment. "My god has he gotten hideous, I thought the little guy would become a Prince" the woman had whispered to another as she walked on. The moment had been on a steady repeat in my swirling mind.

I wasn't the only one to hear the words she spoke, for my brother, one year my elder heard as well. Though he meant well, his words not only interrupted by torturous silence, it hurt me further.

"I mean, you could get a nose job if you want. It may make you look more appealing, but it's all up to you, man. I think you look great" Marlon spoke with a nudge to my resting arm.

I blinked repeatedly as I snapped my neck away from the sight of my reflection in the car window. I didn't need to even see my father nod in approval-I just knew.

I continued walking down the dark streets lit dimly by hunched street-lights. I didn't even try to protect my identity, in my mind, my face was secrecy in itself. I was no longer the child-star, I was the teenage recluse. My father's fears had come to reality- my fate seemed to be the same as it was Frankie Lymon's. My stomach churns at the thought of such an incredible talent being thrown away because of change. An inevitable change. One that god himself created-puberty. It was a normal process, but gosh, did I ever hate it. I hated who it made me become.

My feet shuffled across the pavement as the sidewalk led me downhill. Red lights was the sight that lay before me. Engines were humming left and right, for I was walking towards a main road.

As I walked passed the stalled cars snug against the side walk, I shied from the stare of drivers. I internally cursed at the bright red stoplights for polluting the sky. I wished to be unseen. I wished to be under no light other than the dimmest star above.

I can't remember most of what I saw during my somber walk. I can merely remember the feeling. I just wanted so badly to be at my destination, where the largest trees cover the light pollution, leaving me in complete darkness.

I walked diagonally across the gravel walkway- heading straight for the grass field. I could see the large tree ahead. My feet stepping on to the soft grass shook me away from my zombie-like strides.

After a short up-hill hike, I was in my paradise. All my focus could be on my pain, instead of focusing on walking straight and not falling into a street of moving vehicles.

My hands dove into the short blades of grass. The blades went through my parted fingers and I felt rough gravel as I pushed down. "I can tell you're pretty. You got a new cut didn't you?" I joked with a raspy vocal chords. My dry lips stung as they rubbed together.