Chapter 2

The first week blew by in a huge blur. Nothing much had transpired but actually looking back on it now made me realize how fast this year is really going to fly by. The cheerleading season was already upon half of our friend group, so most days we would be seen wearing our uniforms as other sports wore their jerseys. One of the things I didn't enjoy about the beginning of the year was the fact that the football players all thought they were hot shit until their season stopped. They'd walk around all cocky and thinking they ran the school even though our team wasn't that great. Yet, I wasn't really allowed to say that in front of anyone. My only job was to pretend like I enjoyed the game by trying to get the crowd involved. Plus, I was having fun and that's what mattered most. The only thing that would make it perfect would be if I was able to evoke a reaction and attention from one very specific person.

Ally, Normani, and I had to show up in our cheerleading uniforms where we had met Lauren and Dinah by our lockers. We had to fill all the others in on what had happened the past weekend since it was the start of a new week; or as others described as the worst day of the week: Monday. It was still difficult for a lot of us to become used to the waking up early even though it was already the second week of school. I knew this school year was going to fly by, and that elated but also terrified me at the same time. Some football players fucked around in the hallway, trying to hype the people they passed up by yelling and laughing. They pushed each other around and I internally rolled my eyes at the childish behavior. It always seemed to be the athletes that couldn't control themselves; or most of them anyways.

More and more students began to crowd the school now that it was nearing the start of first class. I found myself tuning in and out of our conversation but I was very good at hiding when I was out of it, because none of the girls questioned my intentions. I let my eyes scan the crowd of students now that filled the hallway as many groups tried to maintain shapes in the midst of each other. It was the epitome of people standing in the middle of the hallways, blocking the paths of others when they could easily form their groups elsewhere. Especially because the majority of them were rowdy lower-class-men trying to fit in with each other like that was the sole purpose of school. I rolled my eyes and went to turn my attention to the girls had my eyes not caught sight of the one person I wanted to see.

Y/N was pushing her way through the groups, totally not caring about the people she pushed out of the way. The sight was actually pretty amusing to see considering that the people would turn to give her dirty looks but once they saw her size compared to them, they wouldn't even bother saying anything. Y/N had a completely annoyed look on her beautiful face but her eyes only remained looking in front of her. The taller girl never bothered to look at anyone or anything else other than where she was trying to go. She always came to school extremely close to when the bell was going to ring, just like it had right now, but she was never late. The hallways bustled with students now trying to find their classes as I was whisked away into the crowd after bidding my goodbyes to my own friend group. I walked behind Y/N just as she pushed her way past a group of girls that had stopped walking in the middle of the hall only to turn around and walk the other way.

"Fucking idiots." I heard Y/N mumble after one had bounced off her chest only to scurry away in fear, blushing and laughing with her friends after she found her way back to them. I had to muffle my laughter because I didn't want anyone to think that I was laughing at the Y/H/C haired girl. It would eventually get back to her and create unnecessary problems between us and that was the last thing I needed right now. I followed Y/N into our first and only class together where we had taken our usual seats with her behind me in the back of the classroom. I didn't really want to just turn around and corner Y/N into a conversation with me but I had honestly missed the sound of her voice, besides when she was cursing other students out. Just the mere thought of how easy she was to piss off was both amusing and a little scary to me. It was hilarious to watch but I wouldn't ever want to be on her bad side, and I could be risking that by talking to her especially if she didn't want to.