Chapter 2

My mom wasn't very happy about me walking home with Toby, she didn't really care because she had enough to worry about. I sat on my bed and thought about Toby. He seemed eager to get home... But why? My phone was on my nightstand next to my bed. I reached for it and decided to call him. I held the phone up to my ear and heard his phone was ringing. No answer. That's strange, Toby always answers my calls. I tried one more time and it went straight to voicemail. I set my phone down and frowned. Why would he ignore my calls?

~Time Skip 3 hours~

My mother called me down to eat dinner. She had a nervous expression on her face, it all made sense once I saw my father sitting next to her and eating like a starving pig. She barely touched her food, figures; my dad always makes her nervous. Why did she have to marry him in the first place?

I took a seat In front of my mother. My brother usually eats at his girlfriend's house. He practically spent every moment at her house rather than here.

I honestly wasn't hungry at all. My mother took a nervous bite of her Macaroni. It appears my father finished eating, he didn't thank her for the meal, he just stood up and walked to the couch to watch his stupid action movies.
My mother immediately started to eat, like once my father left she was finally free from a trance he kept her in. "I'm not hungry." I shrug. She looks at me, and nods. I stood up and sauntered upstairs and into my bedroom.

I looked through my closet for my favorite pajamas, finally after searching, I gave up and just put on a tank top and panties. I lay under my covers and stared up at the ceiling. I wasn't tired, that was surprising. My window was right next to my bed, I didn't really like it. Who knows what kind of creep can watch me while I sleep? It always bothered me, the same thing. Childish, right?

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, I couldn't fall asleep. All of a sudden, my phone started to ring, which made me jump in surprise. I grabbed it from my nightstand and looked to see who was calling. Surprise, it was Toby. I answered the phone, and all I heard was snickering.

The snickering continued, and I stayed silent. I couldn't take it anymore, I started to speak, in a nervous tone, "H...Hello...?" The snickering stopped. "Hello...?" I repeated. Nobody replied, I then realized someone had hung up the phone. What had happened? Was Toby alright? Why would he call me, and hang up the phone... If that was him.

~Time skip next morning.~

I immediately woke up early in the morning and put on a t-shirt and jeans. I was eager to go to school today, and ask Toby, "Who was that...?" I quickly rushed downstairs and grabbed my bag. My mother was awake and she was preparing pancakes. "What's the hurry?" She asked me. I shook my head, "It's nothing, I just wanted to... Finish a report I was working on yesterday. Mr. Cowl told me to come in early in the morning." I lied. My mother nodded. I didn't often lie to her, mainly because she was the only important family in my life besides my brother.

As I wondered down the school's hallway, I rushed to home room. Toby and I are in the same home room. Hopefully, he would be there today. I walked inside home room, and nobody was in the room. How strange, Toby has always arrived in home room early in the morning. What could of happen to him today?

----------------------------------------------
Hey, guys! I hope you enjoyed that chapter! :)
~XoXoXo, DoingItRightx