Isabelle Olympus part 22

Start from the beginning

“What do you want?” Alex asked slowly, with a wary expression on his face. He could tell I was up to something.

“Could you possibly, pretty please, do me a teeny tiny favour?” I asked with the sickeningly sweet smile still on my face.

“What?” Alex asked, now with a very scared expression.

“I need some time away from camp so that I can search for Dionysus and kick his butt, but I can’t leave the campers on their own. Would you please stay here and watch them?” I practically begged, watching as his eyes widened even further.

“You want to leave me alone with these kids? But I wouldn’t know what to do!” He cried out.

“Pretty, pretty please. It will be easy all you have to do is follow this timetable.” I begged pulling out a sheet of paper from my pocket and shoving it in his hands.

“I don’t know . . .” he trailed, still unsure.

“Please. You’d be my hero if you could do it.” I said quietly pushing myself closer to him and gently pushing my lips to his. I know it probably wasn’t fair to pull out the hero card and pressure him into it, but I’ve waited for Dionysus long enough.

“Fine, I’ll do it, I’ll do it!” Alex groaned, causing me to squeal my thanks and kiss him harder.

 “Thank you so much!” I beamed, pecked his lips one more time before jumping up off of the bed. “Good luck. You’re gunna need it.” I added before closing my eyes and picturing myself in Olympus, not missing the worried look that Alex sent me before I left. I was only teasing him when I wished him luck, he would be fine. The campers were all on their best behaviour at the moment, as they were all terrified of annoying me. It wasn’t a secret that I had been angry over the last few days, and for the last few days the rain pouring down on camp didn’t have anything to do with Zeus or Poseidon, this time it was because of me. The more I thought about how Dionysus had deserted me the angrier I got, and the angrier I got the heavier it rained. This last week I had felt so trapped here at camp, as I couldn’t leave for more than ten minutes at a time, which made searching for Dionysus difficult.

I opened my eyes and took in the familiar scene of Olympus, the bustling market place the beautiful gardens, the temples. I loved it here, it was like my second home, and I hadn’t been here nearly enough lately. Another thing to add to the list of reasons why I was angry at Dionysus, because of him I hadn’t been able to see much of my other parents.

I started towards the throne room, already knowing that he wouldn’t be there but the others might be. The gods knew when someone arrived in Olympus, they could feel it, so I knew that if Dionysus had been here a few seconds ago, after feeling me arrive, he wouldn’t be here now.

I was proved right when I walked into the throne room to find Zeus, Hermes and Apollo deep in conversation. This would have looked perfectly innocent to anyone else, but they all gave me a sly look when I entered the room, as though they were hiding something, and it didn’t take a genius to figure out what it was. They didn’t realise that I knew Dionysus had only just left here, they thought they were brilliant liars. It was quite funny to see their small smirks, as they thought they were tricking me, when in reality they weren’t. They were just like children, so I played along.