Chapter Seven

It had been two months since the unfortunate deaths of your father, brother, and sister. Of course, you missed them with all of your being but you had a feeling that they wanted you to move on. And you visited your comatose mother in all of your free time, speaking to her even though she couldn't hear you.

But like all grieving children, you saw ghosts.

In the corners of your eyes, in reflections, and almost anywhere else a ghost would show up. And on rare occasions, in your dreams.

Anyway.

You were walking to the train station, arms full with groceries for your lovely grandmother who requested that you pick up some before you came home from a shopping spree with an friend. As a good fifteen year old, you didn't say no, grabbing and paying for the listed things on the text she sent you. She thanked you and told you to come home soon, as villain reports had spiked higher when you had been at a certain place.

You were waiting patiently at the station when you heard a hushed "teke-teke" sound coming in your direction. You lifted your head, then spotted a pale woman with long black hair crawling towards you, seemingly on her elbows and knees. With a pang of terror, your body froze as you saw the woman and recognized who she was.

It was Teke Teke, the Japanese urban Legend that was said to be "only a myth" by most people. But it was late at night, the wonderful time to be cut in half and found mutilated in the morning.

You stumbled back, quickly summoning a wall of water in between you and the monster of an urban legend. The pale young woman's face twisted into a glare as she lunged through, attempting to slice you in half like she did to most of her victims. She did manage to get a deep gash in your stomach area, but not so deep that it was certain death.

You just had to wait.

As you bled to death.

Alone.

Suddenly, there were blurry figures above you. Just as some tall guy with you didn't recognize picked you up, black spots crept into your vision and you passed out.

————

You gasped, opening your eyes and quickly sat up. But a sharp, knife-like pain in your stomach made you fall back onto the soft surface that you were now laying on. You were extremely confused. The last thing you remembered was getting attacked by that monster, Teke-Teke, and passing out profusely. That man . . . did he save me?

You heard a door creak open, revealing a male brunette with cracked glasses, wearing doctor's attire. He adjusted his coat, along with his glasses, and gave you a lovely, warm, sympathetic smile. Though you didn't feel comforted by his smile. It was more of an unsettling feeling. You ignored your discomfort and listened as he opened his mouth.

"Hello Y/N Ōtā. As you may know by that look in your eye, my name is Doctor Alfred Drevis, but people call me Mad Doctor. Don't fret. I'm not here to hurt you." He said in a soft voice. "I'm here to help you. I work for a League of Villains. You may know this too, but don't try to sit up or move for a while. It's my quirk. And your wound was bad. It will probably scar. We'll come in later to ask you questions." His smile dropped, along with his voice as he turned around and slammed the door shut.

You stated at the ceiling light, wondering what this infamous "League of Villains" was. You looked down at your clothing, which wasn't what you had on before you came to this place. It was one of those sea foam green dresses that hospitalized patients wore. You were also wearing some white pants to cover your legs. At least they have decency here. You sat up despite the excruciating pain it caused you, and lifted your medical dress to see the wound. It looked awful.

A large, deep wound stretched across your stomach area. The width of the cut varied based on where it was, with the beginning of the wound being the shallowest and the middle being the deepest. It was reddish-brown and scabbed over, with a few stitches here and there presumably applied by that "Mad Doctor" man you saw. You thought it looked disgusting and ugly; and anyone who looked at its horrific state would immediately hate you. Tears formed in your eyes, and you cried—the heaving from your cries cause pain to shoot through your systems. You didn't want people to hate you for your appearance. It was wrong and unjustified. You laid down on your side, ignoring the excruciating pain, closed your eyes, and fell asleep.

————

You opened your eyes. You were laying in a meadow of lush green grass, staring at the blue sky. It was peaceful; completely silent except for the cool breeze and birdsong.

"Y/N . . . Y/N!" The faint voice of your older brother cut through the silence. It sounded urgent, like he was trying to tell you something important and crucial. You sat up and saw Hīru standing in front of you, helping you up with a concerned expression. He suddenly hugged you, pressing your face against the place where his stomach had started and ribs had ended.

"Hīru, what's the problem?" You asked, confused as to why your brother was clutching you so close.

Hīru squeezed you closer. "Join them, don't trust them." He said ominously. You could feel his body fading away, causing you to fall onto the grassy ground.

"Don't trust who? Who do I join? Where did you go? Hīru, what do you mean?" You called to your unresponsive brother. The only reply was an echo of his voice.

An empty, lifeless echo.

————

Someone shook you awake. You looked up to see a tall man with spiky black hair, blue eyes, pale skin, and many purple scars that looked painful. Despite that, you didn't flinch. Your mutilated mother—who was still in the hospital, mind you—looked much worse. Of course, the culprit just had to leave her face untouched. Maybe it was to torture you, but you had definitely flinched when they allowed you into her room.

He lifted his eyelids a bit, as if he was used to people flinching when they looked at him and was surprised that you didn't. He extended his arm to you to help you up and off. You stared at your stomach area, confused as to why it wasn't hurting as bad.

"It's Alfred's quirk. It wore off while you were sleeping." The tall man said. You couldn't shake the weird feeling that you knew him from somewhere. It was comforting, yet terrifying.

"Hm." You responded, trying to use your feet as he pretty much carried you out, and into a place that resembled a bar. Behind the counter was a man in a suit, with a cloud of purple mist for a face, as well as yellow slivers for eyes. Sitting at the bar, was another man, with pale white skin and blue hair, along with a hand covering his entire face. They looked like the runners of this place.

There were two people who were lounging lazily on a couch. There was a man with scales and snake-like features, wearing a torn tank top and shorts, as well as a red mask over his eyes. The second person was a tall man, wearing a mask and suit that reminded you of a popular American hero. A teenage girl with a creepily wide smile and an oversized sweater stood near the bar. There was a gleaming knife in the pocket of her schoolgirl skirt.

You tensed as the short, pale man spoke: "Y/N Ōtā. I'm going to cut straight to the point with you."

"Will you join the League of Villains?"