Chapter Two

The faint morning sunlight filtered through the thin paper walls. You awoke with a start - a nightmare had plagued your sleep and had disturbed you to the point where the sleep hadn't done you any good, as you were completely exhausted.

You sat up and rubbed your eyes. The exhaustion wasn't good - you were going to work in the fields near your grandparents house, and you had to greet your grandfather who had yet to come home. When he hadn't come the night before, you were concerned, as your grandparents were quite old and shouldn't be out too late. But your grandmother didn't fret at all - she was less worried. You went by her word and went to bed though. He called anyway and said that he slept at a hotel as there was some crime in the city and he didn't want to lead those villains to their home.

You glanced at your siblings' mostly flat beds. Hīru was still asleep, his blankets and brown hair messy and the slightest bit of drool coming out of his mouth. He deserved the rest - he was a hero after all, signing autographs and saving Japan and whatnot. You would be just like him and your sister when you attended U.A. and got your well-earned hero license.

If you couldn't tell, you looked up to them a lot. Very much. It was almost unhealthy.

Especially Hīru.

Hīru was there for you through thick and thin, kissed your cuts and bruises when you did something stupid, carried you on his shoulders when your legs got sore, brought you to the market when you didn't want him to leave, and held your hand to teach you everything he knew about the world and morals he learned the hard way. Akarui and your parents were there too, but they were . . . distant. Because of the hero biz and all that, you were sure.

Suddenly, an idea popped into your head. One that hasn't come to you in a very long time. A very special idea that may strengthen your relationship with your sister and brother.

Waking him up.

You quietly tip-toed out of the room to go grab your sister, who was happily sipping chai tea and having a half-awake conversation with Oji-San. You were grinning and giggling like a five year old as you excitedly and urgently tugged on her arm while explaining your master plan. She smirked, replying with - "I haven't done that in a long time. Let's do it!"

Akarui grabbed your hand as the two of you put the slightly dumb plan into action. You glanced at the smirking Akarui as she muttered: "We're so stupid!"

You slid open the door. Hīru was still asleep. Akarui gave you the thumbs-up and you leapt.

"GOOD MORNING HĪRU!" You shouted, landing square on his muscly chest. He made an 'oof' from surprise and scrambled out of his bed to defend himself. When he saw your wide grin, he frowned to an unnatural extent and muttered: "Oh, it's on."

Then, the tickle torture endured.

You started laughing. You were trying to apologize and tell him desperately to stop, but he was too strong. See, Hīru was about nineteen and worked out at the gym since his quirk manifested, as it was a quirk that was meant for fighting in groups, and he needed to be physically fit so he could defend himself or anyone else. And you were only fifteen, and a bit less strong than your nineteen year old brother.

Finally, the pain ceased and he picked you up, having you knees fold over his forearm so you hung upside-down like a bat. When Akarui saw this from around the paper door, she burst into a very intense laughing fit, which gave her position away immediately. Soon after, she was in the same bat-like stance.

You and Akarui were laughing the whole way to the breakfast table, and Hīru set you both down. You made eye contact with Akarui and giggled wildly as your grandmother poured you some of her black tea for energy. After all, you were going to be working with the fields and practicing with your quirk.

"Y/N, since dad and I will be home, and it's going to rain later, we'll be practicing the water part of your quirk. The manipulation of water, specifically, because you seem to excel in that department." Akarui explained, sipping the rest of her black tea, which had become lukewarm over ten minutes and was making her shrink back and cringe with every sip. You watched as her blue eyes glowed and the black tea poured itself down the drain. "Like that. Try to make the water seem like its own person. And tomorrow we can practice encasing people in water to paralyze them. The day after, we'll work on summoning water and pouring it on my head, good for hot summer days, startling opponents and making an entrance." Akarui joked about the last part.

You nodded and sipped your tea. To be real, you were overexcited when you received the newsletter from U.A. high that you'd gotten in, after getting the highest score on the written test, seventy-nine points against villains and ninety-nine rescue points, after jumping in front of many of the different robots and healing the injuries of three repeating people:

A female redhead,

A cocky blonde,

And a cute frog girl.

You were excited to learn their names when you got to U.A. at the end of the prolonged break. Except for the cocky blonde. He was kind of a jerk. But you planned to thank the redhead; she smacked the back of his head and dragged him away after she'd apologized.

Akarui stood up to wash her cup, while Hīru went to go put his hero costume on. But, before he and your mother could leave home to fight against villains, you dashed over to them and gave Hīru a hug.

"Promise that you'll come home?"

Hīru smiled softly, but there was an look of unspoken terror on his face. "I promise."