Chapter 4

"Oh God." Said Melissa, as she got up from her bed. She checked the clock and it said 1:23pm. She immediately went to the restroom and soaked her face with cool water. She knew this could happen if she took the pill. She felt so sick. But she needed the pill. Well, she felt like she did. She needed to learn how to control anxiety attacks better, because if those happened more often she wouldn't be able to take the pill. She was able to control the attacks sometimes, because she had been struggling with them since she was 13. She had experiences to learn from, but as easy as it seemed, anxiety attacks were never easy to control.

"Chris?" She said, after she walked downstairs and into the kitchen. She was still wearing her unicorn pajamas, plus her soft, snuggly Ugg's slippers. She loved what she was wearing at the moment, it was so comfortable and cozy. But she hated how sick she was feeling. She was dizzy and she felt weird but she didn't know how to describe it.

"Hey Mel! How are you feeling?" He said softly. He got up from the kitchen chair and walked towards Melissa.

"To be honest, I'm not feeling so great..." Melissa said, a little bit embarrassed. "Hey you'll feel better. Here. Water will help you." He said, giving her a glass of water he took from the place besides where he was sitting. He had set the table for both of them and he had made breakfast too.

"Thanks." She said, drinking the water slowly. "Oh my God, you made breakfast. That's so sweet." She said smiling. "I could've done breakfast you know. You didn't have to bother." She added. "Well, Chyler told me you loved pancakes so I made pancakes for you. I know yesterday wasn't a great day for you so I wanted to surprise you!" He said, proud of himself. "That's really sweet Chris." She said, sitting down. He sat down as well.

"How long have you been awake?" Melissa asked. "Not much. I'm not a morning person to be honest." Chris said, with a smile on his face. "Same here." Melissa said, taking another sip from the glass of water

"Would you like to eat the pancakes with maple syrup?" He asked, as he got up to get the syrup. "Yeah... thanks. Did you go to the store to buy syrup? Because I haven't gone to buy stuff yet." Melissa asked curiously. "Yeah I was bored the other day so I figured out that going to the store was going to take some time so I went there." He said. "Oh. That makes sense." Said Melissa. She started eating her pancakes and her face changed completely.

"Oh Lord." She said, still chewing a piece of pancake in her mouth. "What?! Is something wrong?" Said Chris, impatient to hear the answer. He had tasted the pancakes and he thought they were pretty good, but maybe there was something bad with them.

"No! It's just that... these are the best pancakes I've ever had in my entire life. Oh God." She said, getting another piece of pancake into her mouth.

"Really?" He said, smiling. Melissa nodded and she kept eating. "If I could make pancakes as delicious as yours, I would make pancakes everyday." She said. "Nah I wouldn't eat pancakes everyday." Said Chris. "What?! Please don't tell me you don't love pancakes..." Said Melissa, curious about what he was going to say.

"I like pancakes. But I don't love them." He said, a little bit scared because Melissa had a look on her face and it looked like she was about to kill him.

"During all the time you stay here, I'm gonna make sure you love pancakes. So when you leave, you're gonna love pancakes with all your heart. Just as I do." She said. She was feeling a lot better. The thought of Chris making pancakes just for her, made her really happy. It was a really simple detail, but it made her feel like she was sorta special.

They spent the rest of the "morning" chatting and eating more pancakes. Yes, they knew they were eating breakfast really late but they didn't care. Chris made a lot of jokes during they ate, so he would cheer Melissa up. And it worked, because Melissa was cracking up, and he was so happy that she was happy after all the things that had been happening to her. Melissa didn't know what she did to deserve Chris, but he was such a great guy. She was so happy she had met him. Their friendship was really helping her through this tough moment of her life.