Chapter 3 [Part 2]

"Mel?" Chris said, from one side of the door.

On the other side, Melissa was sitting on the floor crying. The things that had happened the day before were hitting her all over again. She started thinking all those times Blake had make her feel horrible and it was all his fault! He was acting weird because he had cheated on her! The love of her life made her cry a lot of times. The love of her life had made her feel like nothing. She felt useless.

"Mel? Is everything okay?" Chris asked, calmly. Melissa kept sobbing quietly. No matter how quiet she sobbed, Chris would always hear her.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She said, trying to sound as okay as possible. But Chris knew she was lying.

"Come on. Let me in. I can help you." Chris said, leaning against the door. Melissa kept crying. All the memories with Blake were running through her mind. Good memories, bad memories, all kind of memories.

"Mel?" He said. She didn't answer. Her anxiety was kicking in again.

Oh no. Not again. She thought.

She started to feel as if the walls were closing and she couldn't breathe well. Her mind was driving her crazy. All kind of thoughts were running through her mind. She started to overthink every single thing that crossed her mind as well.
She heard so many voices in her head and it was driving her mad. And it was getting worse.
She felt as if someone was pushing her to the wall, not allowing her to breathe. She kept thinking of all the ways she could stop it. And then she remembered.
When she told Blake about the second season, and he started acting even more weird, she started to get emotionally affected. Anxiety attacks were happening more often, and everything was getting worse. This was around June from that year. She didn't know what to do so she went to see her therapist. Her therapist gave her these pills that she would only take in case of emergency. If she started taking the pills everyday she could get an addiction and everything would get worse.
She had only taken the pills twice since June so she figured out it wouldn't make her any harm.

She looked for the pills in the bathroom (She had everything in order already. Just as if it was her own house) until she found them. She took one pill inside her mouth and swallowed it just with her saliva.

She knew the pill would work fully after 30 minutes or so, but she started to feel more calm. She waited like five minutes and she calmed herself down, reminding herself that everything would be okay.

Thank God. She thought again. She started to feel better. She sat down on the floor again. Taking deep breaths. She waited for a couple of more minutes just trying to breathe well again.

"Melissa...? Are you okay?" Chris asked. Melissa had already forgotten Chris was outside the bathroom.

Melissa didn't answer. She just opened the door, still sitting on the ground.

"Oh my God. Are you okay? You scared me." Chris said, as he sat down besides her, and placed his hand on her back. He could see dry tears on her pink cheeks. He grabbed a tissue and rubbed her cheeks gently to wipe her tears.

"I'm better now... thanks. Also... sorry if I scared you. I just..."

"What happened?" Chris asked softly. Rubbing small circles on her back.

"I- I had an... anxiety attack..." she said, playing with her hands. "It happens often... so my therapist gave me some pills to take only in case of emergency... and I just took one. It's gonna fully work in like 20 minutes." She said quietly.

"Can I do anything to help?" Chris said, honesty visible in his eyes.

"Just stay here. Don't leave me alone. I'm scared the anxiety will kick in again..." Said Melissa. "I'm sorry." She added. She was so embarrassed Chris had to stay with her only because she was scared.