Deleted Scene

Not so deleted cut.

Tony's Pov

Tony took an idle sip from his glass, he'd had two board, read bored, meetings today and had hoped going out would be a good way to end his day. Or start his night. And honestly, both were turning out to be a bust, even if there was a blond eyeing him from across the room.

He tsked. Tossing back the rest of his drink before pushing from the bar and making his way down to valet.

The club was nice, the music hadn't been too loud that you couldn't talk to the person next to you but, loud enough to get lost in the music if you were in the mood. But that was just it, he wasn't in the mood.

A familiar silver Audi pulled to a stop in front of the door and he traded a Benjamin for his keys before climbing in, waving off the attendant's thanks.

He quickly ran through his options. He'd already given Happy the night off and Rhodey was on some Classified mission in Bangladesh. Did he say classified?

A night with Jarvis and the bots it was.

As houses and civilization grew distant, Tony continued down the familiar back roads.

Adam Youngs' voice cut off abruptly and he glanced down confused just as the night lights in the car dimmed.

He cursed, quickly pulling the car to the side of the road just as it cut off completely. Slowly he pulled out the key before putting it back in. The car whined pathetically and he quickly cut the screeching.

"Oh, come on!" he huffed. Admittedly, trusting U to do an oil change was a mistake, he'd meant to undo whatever his misguided bot had done. But he'd been... distracted.

He climbed from the car with muttered curses, slamming the door as he went, before sliding down into a seated position on the ground. Just his luck. He dropped a hand to his pocket, searching for his phone only to come up short, and then he remembered being nearly ready to leave when Dumm-e spilled an odd oil concoction he'd been trying to pass as coffee onto his clothes.

He let his head fall back with a groan, longest day ever. He was just contemplating walking the rest of the way when the flare of headlights blinded him.

He was quick to jump to his feet and the car came to a screeching halt a foot in front of him.

"Watch it! I almost hit you!" the driver yelled out the window.

"Watch it! You almost hit me," he paused, "yeah, you had it right."