Make A Wish: Part 21

Start from the beginning

"Hello, sis." A voice hisses. We both turn to see Astrid's sister appear.

"Luna." Astrid says.

"It's been a long time, Astrid." Luna says.

"Yes. And it should have been much longer." Astrid says.

I looked between the both of them, feeling very confused of what's going on.

"Excuse me?! Can someone please explain what the hell is happening?!" I yell. They both turn to me as if just noticing my existence for the first time.

"It was her." Luna grits as she points at Astrid.

"It was you're own fault, sis." Astrid says crossing her arms.

"What was who's fault?!" I say getting aggravated from not knowing.

"My own sister turned me in." Luna says.

"You broke the rules. It was my job to report it." Astrid says.

Luna turns to me. "You see, Selina. Us sorceress's are given jobs with certain guidelines and all that. I was given a dream stone, similar to yours. It was my job to make sure it got to its owner. Then once they had it I would overlook what they do with it. Just like my sister does for you." She says.

"We cannot use our powers to our own free will. There a many rules we have to follow, or there are consequences." Astrid says.

"And you broke a rule?" I ask Luna.

"Not just any rule. It was the most important rule there is." Astrid says.

"What did she do?" I ask.

"She....fell in love with a human..." Astrid says.

Luna once again becomes angry. "Yeah and then YOU had to ruin it! I trusted you with that information and the next thing I know, I'm being sent to the Eternal Vortex." She hisses.

"Eternal Vortex?" I ask.

"It's the worst punishment there is in the magic world. Since we cannot be killed, the next worse thing is to spend eternity floating around in nothingness." Astrid says.

"56 years." Luna says. "56 years I spent there while you didn't even care." She adds.

"You manipulated him! You almost convinced Nathan to give up his mortality to be with you. What happened to him was because if you, Luna." Astrid says. Both of them were face to face now. They had shed themselves of their disguises, and revealed their true forms. Both of them looked exactly alike. Long black hair, pale skin, and looked to be about 25. The only difference was Astrid had bright green eyes, and Luna had deep purple.

"What... happened to him...?" I asked although I was pretty sure I already knew.

Luna turned to me, fury and sadness mixed in her purple eyes. "They killed him." She says in a low growl. Then she turns back to her sister, and sends a gust of wind to knock her to the ground.

Astrid returns the action by using her mind to lift up her sister. Then she throws her against the wall, causing things to fall and break all around her.

I just stood in shock as this all took place. Back and forth they went, using their powers against each other. It seemed like it would be an unending cycle between them. Until Luna whispers some kind of spell. Before I knew it there were vines growing everywhere. They came through the floor, and the ceiling, the door, anywhere they could. There was nowhere to run.

The vines swept over us and encircled my ankles, then my wrists, and around my waist. I looked up to see Astrid in the same predicament. Everything grew silent then.

"Do your worst, sis. You couldn't hurt me if you tried." Astrid says.

"Are you sure about that?" Luna says pulling out a small black book.

Astrid gasps. "The forbidden book of spells..." She says. "How did you get that?" She asks.

"I have my ways." Luna says. She walks over and stands right in front of me. "Or maybe instead of hurting you, I could do what you did to me." She says running a long nail across my cheek. I flinch. "Take away someone you care about." She says seriously.

"She isn't a part of this." Astrid says.

Luna laughs. "Neither was Nathan, but that didn't save him, now did it?" She asks. Astrid went silent.

Just then there was a loud tapping on my bedroom window. Luna turned her attention to it and walked over, peering through the blinds. I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Selina!" I hear Bruno call. My eyes go wide.

What is he doing here?