18. The Big Charade

Mulai dari awal

"I'm not-"

"Now."

I glare at her for a moment before I storm through the school and out to my jeep; I open the trunk door and jump up, sitting in it with a tight expression. "Speak then, defend her. Tell me how stupid and selfish I'm being." I snap. "I've heard it all before!"

"I'm not here to lecture you - I've lectured Alice enough." She leans against the jeep.

"What?" I frown.

"I'm with you on this one."

"You do realise you're sticking with a human, right?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I know, shocking!" She grins. "But seriously, she fucked up. They were all selfish; Alice didn't see the state you were in after Victoria..." I flinch at the mention of her. "Exactly. I understand the helping Bella, getting her away, but it isn't our job to be her baby sitters. She had Edward there, Carlisle, Charlie, her mom; it was wrong of Alice to cancel on your birthday of all days after she bailed so quickly a few days before. She should have been here with you, telling you everything is okay."

I look away as I fight tears. "I've b-been driving myself insane." I whisper. "It's constantly going though my head 'am I insane, am I selfish'." I sniff and wipe under my eyes.

"You're not." She says gently as she pulls me into a hug; I wrap my arms around her and grip her jacket. "You really must of gone insane... I can't believe you got a piercing." She teases.

I laugh and pull away, wiping my cheeks. "I like it, it's different. What about the hair?" I flick it dramatically.

"I like it, only it you let me cut it straight."

I look down at the ends. "Its straight... right?"

"To a human eye, yes. To mine? I'm antsy just thinking about it." She giggles. "You wanna bail? Go to your house?"

I deliberate for a moment. "Okay. But this is a one time thing and it doesn't mean the others are forgiven. They need to stay away."

"Deal." She shrugs.

I jump down and slam the trunk door shut, heading to the drivers seat. Rose silently climbs in and I drive away with Alice glaring from the steps; ha. I roll my eyes and drive home, making a quick stop for coffee. "You got issues." Rosalie mutters.

"I sure do." I smirk a little as we park up and head inside. "We gotta be done in time for me to get Ronnie."

"Oh I have a question about that." Rose says as she grabs a dining chair for me to sit on as I grab mom's silver scissors.

"Okay?" I sit down raising an eyebrow.

Rosalie runs her fingers through my hair before she begins to snip gently, barely taking anything off the ends. "Why are you and him hanging out so much? Jasper said when he tried to talk to you, you guys had been at the arcade. Edward said you snuck off to pick him up and apparently you guys have hung out a lot."

I scowl. "Who's been spying on me then?"

"All of us." Rose says nonchalantly, as if it's nothing major.

"Well stop. It's rude and unnecessary now." I snap.

I can tell she rolls her eyes at me. "No it isn't - even I'm mad at you for driving high."

"I was in control-"

"No you weren't, your senses and reflexes were inhibited." She snaps. "Any way. Explain you and Ronnie."

I shrug small. "He's just been there for me; he's getting out of whatever dark hole he was in and he's helping me out of mine."

"It's weird to see, not gonna lie." She laughs, making me laugh too.