14. The Icy Encounter

Start from the beginning

"You are evil, Cullen." I snap before I storm away.

"Make her mad more often, she shakes her hips when she storms away." Alice mutters.

I hold in a smirk as I approach Bella. "Hey, can we talk?"

"Sure." She says gently as she puts hee book away. "What's up?"

I scramble for something to say. "Um I was wondering if you could let me borrow your notes from today? Or help me during our free time tomorrow?"

She thinks for a moment, probably wondering why I'm here. "Sure. How about during 3rd tomorrow?"

"Awesome." I nod as I lean on the door of her truck as she leans by the tail end.

In slow motion a horn blares and there's the sound of squealing tires. In a flash Tyler's van is speeding towards us, and even quicker Edward is beside Bella pulling her away. He pushes the van with his bare hand as he and Bella gaze at each other, the tail ends smashing together. I stumble back a little in shock and before we know it he's gone.

Bella looks up at me as everyone crowds around us to make sure we're okay. She soon gets wheeled away as  I get cleared for no injuries and talk to the police about what happened. I climb in the back of the ambulance and soon were in the ER.

Carlisle examines her. "Well it sounfs you've been extremely lucky Bella."

"Lucky Edward happened to be standing next to me." She says as she eyes Edward, who worked his way in here with Carlisle.

"I wasn't near you Bella." He shakes his head. "I didn't stop the van."

"Yes you were. Tell them, Bailey."

"Bella, I pulled you out of the way. Edward was with his siblings." I lie as Edward shoots me a look.

"No- You-" she huffs. "Can I talk to you - alone?" She snaps at Edward.

Don't you dare.

Don't you dare.

Don't you-

"Sure." He avoids my gaze and takes her out of the room as Carlisle begins to treat Tyler.

I rub my face and storm out, barging past them in the hall and going to the waiting room. Alice rushes over when she sees me. "Are you okay?"

"Fine. Let's to before I ram another car at your brother." I snap as I keep walking, causing her to jog to catch up.

We climb in the Volvo and wait in silence for Edward; he eventually climbs in the back and Alice drives us home, none of us saying a word. As soon as we park up, the others are all on the porch.

"Do you have any idea what you have done!?" Rosalie yells.

"I saved her life."

"You exposed us!"

"I covered. I'll convince her it was me." I say quietly.

"Butt out Bailey." She snaps, storming towards Edward. "You should have let her die!"

"If her blood had spilled then and there we would be exposed!" He yells back louder. "I PREVENTED THAT!"

"You have endangered us more!" She screams.

"What are you saying Rose!? That Bailey or Bella will be the reason the Volturi come after us!? That they are the enemy, more of a risk to us than we are to them!?"

"ENOUGH!" I scream, making everyone look at me. Anger boils inside me. "I'M STOOD RIGHT FUCKING HERE! Don't talk about me like I'm not. If you have that much of an issue with my humanity then fine, leave or don't talk to me! But understand that I am just as affected by this as you are. Isabella is a risk to us all but Edward did the right thing. Stop being so selfish and let Edward have this! Because if any of you have an issue with Bella then you have one with me!"